Mike?..AirFlow?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2001, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mike?..AirFlow?

Hi Mike!
Glad to see you're still out here (is if..)
It's been a long time. As a refreash, just in case, I have a 5.4 SC'd via a "Wynjammer" and, of course, a Super Chip (Custom). I have heard some interesting talk about Mass Air Flow sensor mods that may have a real effect on a super-charger setup. I am curious if you have both an opinion on this and suggestion on what I might want/need to do to my chip program. I'm still very much in the exploration stage of this as I generally only do things I'm sure of. I know many have tried these devices on normally aspirated engines and been disappointed. But, occasionally I hear of some great results on blown setups so I begin to drool...

ON a personal note:

I've been lurking around the 150Online website for the last few days and Man! did have a lot to catch up on. Haven't been doing much personal stuff online the last couple of years. At least I don't get a chance to go everywhere just where I really need...so here I am..I really need you! Anyway, there are some great looking trucks out there and I am inspired to cleanup my website (also not touched for 2 years.) Nice to see some screen names from then too! Not sure whether that makes you guys weirdos or loyal!!! Probably both

Hope to hear from some of you!

[This message has been edited by wynjammer (edited 05-15-2001).]

Old 05-16-2001, 08:55 AM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
wynjammer,

Weird? Raoul maybe, but not the rest of us. Come to think of it maybe Dunbarton is too. Neal the HP freak is not weird. Oops, yea, he's weird too. Me, I am defenitly not weird! Ok so some of us are weird!

Regards

JMC

------------------
SEE us play;
http://www.F150world.com/michapter/
00 F-150 XLT SC Flairside 4x4 4.6 w/5spd 3.55LSD
Warn XD9000i, skid plates, Draw tite class III,
Rancho RSX Reflex shocks, MAC 8.8 Axle Girdle
BFG 285/75 R16 MTs,
Borla Cat Back, Hedman Headers,
Custom air intake system with modified
air box, Ported Throttle body,
Shortened MAF sensor tower,
K&N air filter,
Superchips

Old 05-16-2001, 07:11 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Wynjammer,

Yes, it's great to see you again! I saw you in another thread and said hello, it has been quite awhile since you've posted here.

Yes, you can sometimes pick up a few more horsepower when a supercharger is installed by enlarging the MAF (mass airflow meter), and if you want to do that, we can always update you with another new custom program, and that will need to be done.

Virtually all aftermarket mass airflow meters these days lean out thw air/fuel ratios rather dangerously, by 2 full points and even more, so we'd definitely have to do another custom program to get an aftermarket MAF properly compensated for, which we can certainly do.

I would suggest just giving us a quick call when you get a chance, and we'll be happy to go over all the details with you, ok? Just so you'll know, we're here M-F 10am to 7pm, Eastern.

It's really great to see you back here again, we thought you might have fallen off the ends of the Earth! (We never though you might have a life!) So we're calling it "loyalty", but some would say a few of us are here because we have no life!

Talk to you soon,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: Mike?..AirFlow?