No Brains. No Chip. AHHHHH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2001, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry No Brains. No Chip. AHHHHH!!!

Now wouldn't you know this(meaning me)brain dead a$$hole wasn't prepared properly for the ups man. I'll start from the beginning. Ordered a chip from Mike monday. Figured, I got the cash, why charge it. So I'll have the chip sent c.o.d.. Since I drive a truck and won't be home. I was having the chip sent to my bro-in-laws work ,he's a bus mechanic. I see him everyday so I gave him the money. Now hence, I haven't bought anything c.o.d. in a long time. That's why they make plastic. Well, what do you think happened? U.P.S. does not accept cash. Not even thinking about a money order or a bank certified check. I don't know what I was thinking. Think about it. If ups guys collected cash, they'd be getting bumped off left and right. Stupid-Stupid-Stupid. Sometimes I wonder if I'm running on all 8 cylinders.
Sorry guys and gals. Just yelling at myself. *****, I hope I don't get into an arguement with myself.

Well, anyway chip will be here tomorrow. Bro-in-law's girlfriend went an got a money order for the big shipment. Now I hope sonny and crockett aren't there to bust my big shipment. That's all I would need. I'll post results.

Old 05-16-2001, 06:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Ram,

That BLOWS! But at least your under control now I just spoke w/ Mike and they don't even have my chip in stock. ( I guess my computer code is a rare one to match with the Flip Chip) So even though I ordered UPS RED they won't even have it for a few days. Now that's a MAJOR bummer.
But on the bright side I have something to look forward to and till then I'll live vicariously through you and your new chip cause I'm sure the minute you get it, it's goin in!!! So I'll just read your thoughts on it and further increase my anticipation.
Good luck!!!!!!!

P.S. You need to buy your bro-in-laws girl a drink cause she's sav'n the day!!!!

------------------

Old 05-16-2001, 06:51 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Actually, it's a perfectly logical thought, as UPS used to take cash for *many* years. Only in recent times did they stop allowing their drivers to accept cash, and I'll bet their drivers are much happier now, as you said,because there is no motivation to rob them anymore, no money is on board. My apologies if I didn't mention that to you, as we normally always do, to prevent this very thing.

Don't worry, they will make 3 delivery attempts on 3 successive days, so you have 2 more chances.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 05-16-2001, 07:00 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Helloe,

That's right, we haven't had a request for the 87/92 combo in the Flip Chip for your particular code before, as it is a fairly rare code, even for a California-spec vehicle. All California-spec vehicles have completely different software revisions in their computers compared to the 49-state versions of the exact same vehicle, so we see fewer California-spec vehicles than vehicles from the other 49 states of course. That, coupled with it being a fairly rare code even as California-spec vehicles go, and it being a 2001 to boot, is probably why we haven't had a request for that particular Flip Chip combo for that code before.

We have a good number of single program Superchip owners with your same code of CML1, so it's not a matter of us not having that code, it's been very well tested & received for months now. We simply need to do the custom programming for the 87 octane side to add to the already existing CML1 performance program for premium, and then it will ship right out.

So you're the first CML1-code 87 & 92 combo Flip Chip owner. Some distinction , eh?

We'll get it to you as quickly as possible, so hang in there!

I enjoyed speakign with you today, & thanks for calling us back.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: No Brains. No Chip. AHHHHH!!!