s-chip-cost? Premium gas?!? Do u have to?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2001, 06:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question s-chip-cost? Premium gas?!? Do u have to?

I have a 99-f150 and it has a v-8 triton in it. I have a 6'Rcd suspension lift and a p.a. 3' body lift. it is 2 wheel drive though. Do recommend getting the chip? How much is it? do you have to alter the engine other than installing the chip? Does it require premium gas? Thanks, your help is appreciated!

Old 05-11-2001, 02:31 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi George,

If you will read our detailed response in the first thread where you posted these questions here, which is titled "increased mpg" I think it says, you'll find all those answers right there, except about price. The Webmaster here has a strict policy against discussing exact pricing issues here on the boards, to keep them free of what is considered to be "blatant commercial content", so for pricing info, please either shoot us an email, or you can even give us a quick phone call if you like, our contact info is just below. Or, you can easily just click on the link below in our signature line that says "F-150 Online Superchip Ordering System", and that will show you the pricing as well.

Briefly...............

Yes, it requires premium, unless you go with our dual-program Flip Chip, which we can configure with a pair of programs, one for 87 octane and the other for premium. The power gain on 87 is going to be small, 3-5 hp. or so.

You do not have to "alter" the engine to use the Superchip, it works just fine with your factory thermostat, etc., it's a simple bolt-on modification that works all by itself.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Quick Reply: s-chip-cost? Premium gas?!? Do u have to?