K&N generation II air intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 11:59 AM
DEJ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face K&N generation II air intake

First time post I had a K&N generation II air intake installed on friday. I like the performace but not the loud squealing sound when you push on the gas. I was wondering if anybody else has experienced this noise. If so, can you fix the noise. anyone's help would be helpful

2000 F-150 Ext.cab 5.4 Lariat. K&N genII, poweraid TB spacer, Flowmaster exhaust

Old 04-16-2001, 03:10 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi DEJ,

You're going to get that "whistle" anytime you use a throttle body spacer in conjunction with an airbox elimination kit, is what we've heard from vendors selling those parts and numerous people here using them. It seems to just be the combination of the spacer in conjunction with the airbox kit that produces that "whistle" in the intake, if that is the sound you're referring to.

Try removing the throttle body spacer, and see if that doesn't take care of it. The K&N intake kit itself is fine, and it works very well.

Good luck!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 04-17-2001, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You will get used to it if it's the normal sound they all make. After a while it's not to bad. How do you like that TB Spacer and did you notice a performance increase

------------------
OO L Black, Superchip R9, Airaid FIPK and Tonneau cover: 1999 F-150 Lariat SC 2 WD, White/Silver, 5.4L, 3.55LS, K & N FIPK, Superchip, underdrive pulley set, Flowmaster dual chamber one in and duels out, six disc CD changer, towing package and captain chairs

Quick Reply: K&N generation II air intake