Can You Smell It?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2001, 09:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Can You Smell It?

O.K., I'm no grandma behind the wheel, but I'm not out there cruising, looking for red lights and Chevys neither.

But Saturday I went to a wedding. On the way to the reception, a co-worker and his wife pull up next to me at a red light in their Grand Cherokee. He honks and points up the road. I know, I know, not much of mark.

My girlfriend looks at me and tells me to "do it." After realizing she meant hammer it and not the other "do it," I proceeding to put the pedal horizontal.

As I've said, I love the speed and all, but I rarely do this. Well lo and behold, I left some rubber at the light! A Super Cab with 17-inch wheels and ORP! Never would've thunk it.

My girlfriend was all a-twitter. Goes without saying, with that reaction, I'm gonna need new tires real quick!

Da chip...it works.

------------------
* 2000 F-150 XLT Black FS; 5.4L; 4x4 ORP
* Da Flip Chip! * 3.55 Limited Slip * Stepups
* Sliding Rear Window * 6-Way Power Seat
* Remote Keyless Entry
* Lund Trident Bug Shield * Custom Exhaust
* Fumoto Oil Drain Plug Valve (a must for do-it-yourselfers!)
* Wise Bedrug

So many mods, so little cash! On the up side, no wife to create a filibuster.

Old 03-26-2001, 02:12 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi ragarm,

You're right, you did good to turn the tires over like that in a heavier F-150 configuration.

Sounds like you have a fun & supportive girlfriend there Ragarm, good for you!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 03-26-2001, 05:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question

HI!... Well......... Who won? You or the CHEROKEE?lol!

------------------
NEAL " THE H.P FREAK" E-MAIL :nnewman@sympatico.ca
'99' F-150 XLT SPORT, oxford white, reg cab shortbox stepside,5.4, auto, 4.10L.S, captain's chairs, bedliner, GTS carbon fiber headlight covers, ***** CEPECK clear halogen driving lights, GTS slotted tailight covers (painted oxford white), fiberglass smooth wiper cowl (painted OXFORD WHITE), FORD locking lug nuts, tinted windows,true duel exhaust with 2.5 inch mandrel bent pipes and FLOWMASTER 3 chamber mufflers with 3' tailpipes exiting before the rear wheel like the LIGHTNING, HELLWIG rear stabalizer bar, 3 AUTOMETER guage pods, filled with tranny temp, engine temp, and oil preasure AUTOMETER "PHANTOM" guages,custom fabricated air intake trac and huge K/N filter, TPS mod, BELLTECH 2-inch rear drop, custom programed SUPERCHIP "FLIP-CHIP", BAUMANN ENGINEERING shift kit (on stage 5 setting)BYPASS CLUTCH CONTROL VALVE/PREASURE REGULATOR VALVE, ASP POWER PULLEYS, custom tig welded and ported JBA "JET BLACK coated headers, twin DERALE 16 INCH ELECTRIC FANS, PERMA COOL 14"/10" tranny cooler with 10" electric fan, custom ported (STOCK) throttle body, custom digital air intake temp sensor, custom ported TB intake elbow, relocated ATS, FORD RACING 24LB injectors, RUSSELL stainless steel braided tranny lines with fittings.

FUTURE MODS : BBK 75MM THROTTLE BODY, 80MM PRO-M MASS AIR METER, AADI F1 RAM AIR HOOD WITH CUSTOM FABRICATED RAM AIR SET-UP, CAL-TRAC TRACTION BARS, EXTRUDE HONED INTAKE MANIFOLD, SHM CUSTOM FUEL RAILS, 90/10 FRONT CE SHOCKS, 70/30 REAR CE SHOCKS, BELL TECH 2/4 DROP, EXPEDITION CENTER CONSOLE, HARLEY DAVISON F-150 LOWER FRONT VALANCE (painted oxford white) and a KENNE BELL BLOWZILLA SUPERCHARGER.

ESTIMATED H.P TO DATE : 340H.P / 425ft/lbs of torque.

CURRENT PERFORMANCE : 1/4 MILE - 14.53E.T * MPH - 93.00 * 0-60MPH - 5.8 * 1/8 MILE - 9.2 * 60 FT - 2.0

OTHER TOYS : "83" PRO STREET FORD RANGER : 351-w stroked to 408c.i 625H.P (natural), 875H.P with 250H.P "BIG SHOT" N.O.S kit, tubbed (crome moly tubing), 12 point chrome moly roll cage, 4-link with coil overs, MUSTANG II front suspension, c-4 tranny (race prepped), 4000rpm stall converter(8 INCH), 3" chrome moly driveshaft,AUTOMETER guages, 16.50 MICKEY THOMPSON rear tires, 4" M/T front tires, CENTERLINE CON-VO PRO rims, fiberglass hood - bumper - prostock hood scoop, wishbone trac-link, two chrome moly driveshaft loops, 16 gallon JAZ fuel cell,etc

Old 03-26-2001, 07:51 PM
Hey Neal, I think he forgot about the race once he got to thinking about his gal. :-)

Old 03-27-2001, 09:15 AM
Wink

The Jeep was left in a heep! Neal, you of all people need to ask?

Very astute young Grasshopper Bateman! Concentration be very important at moment of rubber, yet hard to attain with pretty lady nearby!

------------------
* Remote Keyless Entry
* Wise Bedrug

Old 03-27-2001, 02:52 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
ROFLMAO, thanks, ragarm!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 03-28-2001, 06:02 AM
Thanks alot ragarm, I just woke up my wife laughing at your post >

------------------
Boss™

Ordered June 29th, 2000; took delivery Nov. 28th: 2001 F-150 Lariat, Oxford White/Silver Supercab 4x4, Styleside, 5.4L, 7700# payload, Class III Tow, 3.73LS, Skids, Leather Captains, 4W disc ABS, shift-on-fly, keyless.Engine build date: 10-25-00

Modifications:
"Protected by the Owner with his 2 friends, Smith & Wesson" sticker, Westin Chromed Stainless Nerf Bars, ARE LS II bed cover, Bedrug™, Gibson Swept Side Cat Back, K&N filter w/airbox mods, Hyper-White headlight & foglight bulbs, Pioneer DEH-8200R, Ventshades(not on back doors), Hood deflector, Superchip.

Future Modifications:
3" body lift with at least 33's, alarm/pager/auto start system, stereo system

Old 03-28-2001, 09:08 AM
Wink

Mornin' BossHog! (Does yon wife partake in Daisy Dukes?)

Anyway, pass this on to the Mrs...one of my favorite quotes from three of my favorite people: "Wake up and go to sleep!"

------------------
* Remote Keyless Entry
* Wise Bedrug

Quick Reply: Can You Smell It?