I NEED TESTIMONIALS ON THIS SUPERCHIP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2000, 02:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The chip is the only mod I have done to date that was worth it! GET ONE

Chris

------------------
98 SC 4.6L stepside, Gibson headers, Gibson single exhaust, superchip, Intake mods, Piaa's, high end audio stuff.

Old 02-03-2000, 07:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Righto!!!!!

Gonna order one soon!

Sounds A LOT EASIER than the installation on my old 91 Mustang 5.0..... That computer was under the dash by the passengers feet! I still have scars from that one! YIKES!

Old 02-03-2000, 01:26 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Rand,

Believe it or not, those 5.0 Mustangs are actually pretty easy to get to their computers, or at least I think so, as compared to *some* FoMoCo vehicles. In the Mustang, the ECU is right there in the passenger's kick panel, and it takes me maybe 10 minutes to install at the most.

I think one of the worst is the Ford Windstar van. You have to take the darn cowl apart to get to the ECU in *that* vehicle.

The Expedition from '98 on up is one of the easier ones.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Online Superchip ordering system:https://www.f150online.com/scpp/index.html

Old 02-06-2000, 01:09 PM
Cable Guy, WOW!!! perfection

--OK,I want a Superchip now!--

------------------
1997 XLT 4.2l ORP 5-speed
http://www.eph1fifty.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by 4byFord (edited 02-13-2000).]

Old 02-06-2000, 07:25 PM
Suspended
Talking

Rand:

I just installed a SuperChip into my '00 Expy with 5.4L (ZUT2) this weekend. It really works great. Driveability is much improved. It has not turned my big white beast into a 0-60 king but the tranny improvements are worth the $225.

I previously had a Chevy with K&N FIPK/Hypertech Programmer and I can tell you the Superchip works alot better than that combination. The 5.4L can not compete with the 5.7 for lowend slam, but it is a much smoother acceleration curve. The Hypertech would slam 1-2...

I probably will not do an Airaid or K&N FIPK this time, but I will now add a K&N filter only.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-07-2000, 03:54 PM
Former Sponsor
Dear Bob,

I'm glad you're up and running!

I especially appreciated your comments regarding how the Superhcip feels versus how the Hypertech unit worked for you, and that is very typical of the feedback we get from those who have used both.

Have fun,

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 02-07-2000, 05:03 PM
I think I found the computer under the dash on the passenger side??? Is the "VXX2" number on it the number I need to give to the distributor?

IS THIS CHIP VIOLATING FEDERAL EMMISIONS LAWS?????????????

I understand that you CAN NOT change a vehicles computer settings other than at Wide Open Throttle or it violates strict government emmision laws!!!!

From what I've read the Super Chip changes the settings of the computer throughout the RPM range???

------------------
Rand

Old 02-07-2000, 05:51 PM
The Superchip carries a CARB# and is perfectly legal for emmisions. If the California Air Research Board gives a part it's blessing it's legal just about anywhere.
Just out of curiosity where are getting this info?

[This message has been edited by ps398 (edited 02-07-2000).]

Old 02-08-2000, 07:05 AM
The question about chips came up on the Pat Goss show. This guy is an expert in the fieled and he claims any chip that changes the factory settings, other than at WOT, is in violation of strict federal emission laws!

The guy usually does appear to know what he's talking about. USUALLY!
I tend to agree with him on this one!

However, if you say this Super Chip has been granted immunity from these laws....???
I don't know what this CARB place is....Another thing, just because this CARB place, supposedly, gave it the blessing does that IN FACT mean its not violating emissions??

------------------
Rand

Old 02-08-2000, 01:02 PM
Former Sponsor
Dear Rand,

If Pat Goss actually said that, he's full of beans. Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt that you may have heard him say that Rand, but it doesn't make it true, and in this case, that is patently wrong, period. Frankly, the vast majority of so-called "experts" simply do not have this knowlege of what you really can and cannot do with regards to emissions & programming, as they are not automotive programming engineers, or programming firms that have their own emissions lab, or pay independant labs to certify their applications, as Superchips has always done. So they simply do not know, and neither does he, if he said that. But this statement is FALSE, plain and simple.

Every standard Superchip is 50-state emissions *certified*, end of story, and every Superchip for these Fords does in fact tune at *all* throttle positions. CARB certification is always the toughest, which is why most speed parts are not legal for sale or use on street-driven vehicles in California. Not so with the Superchip. Each Superchip carries California Air Research Board Exemption Order # D-330-4. That is a plain and simple fact, that is easy to verify.

I just love it when people who know absolutely nothing about programming try to tell people that changing anything at any throttle position other than WOT is illegal, few things are farther from the truth than this. The fact of the matter is, there are extremely few companies or people that even know *how* to program at anything other than WOT, and they do not bother to learn because this increases R&D costs dramatically, as you do have to certify for emissions compliance. Superchips has *always* done this, tuning on part-throttle as well as full-throttle, and they have always been emissions compliant, end of story. That CARB EO# covers all Superchip applications from 1985 on up, with the sole exception of custom programs done for major mechanical modifications. Custom programs are not CARB certified, but all standard Superchip applications are, like yours, Rand.

If *anyone* wants to question this statement I have made about Superchips being CARB certified, feel free to contact Superchips directly at 888-227-2447, or CARB itself.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 02-08-2000).]

Old 02-08-2000, 07:55 PM
Smile

Glad I'm not breaking the law!

I ordered mine yesterday and paid the $25 to have it overnighted!!!

I took another look today and think I saw what you were talking about. Back on the firewall behind the battery looks like the computer goes into the firewall long ways??

I think I also saw it in the kick panel, passenger side....

Looks like taking it out through the firewall under the hood is easier though!

We appreciate, and are lucky, to have SuperChip_Distributor (Mike??) on-line to answer questions.... THis is THE BEST customer service I've ever had, PERIOD!!!!

Letcha know how it goes!

------------------
Rand

Old 02-14-2000, 08:33 AM
BTW:

I DONT NEED TESTIMONIALS ON THIS SUPERCHIP ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bought one!

Quick Reply: I NEED TESTIMONIALS ON THIS SUPERCHIP!!!