I don't have door sticker

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-1999, 04:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I don't have door sticker

Is the code anywhere else other than the door sticker? I don't have a sticker on my door and want to get a Superchip.

Old 11-24-1999, 04:59 AM
Exclamation

Check under the hood for a recalibration sticker from FORD. Also on the back end of the computer there is a plastic or metal cover on the serial port. My code was on there also. Just for grins, check both door jambs.

------------------
1999 F250 SD CC, LWB, 5.4L, Auto, 3.73, 4x4, Power TT mirrors w/ marker lights, White, Full Tint, PendaPro SR, FlowmasterDelta 40 series, K&N filtercharger, Superchip(Airbox removed for a second try, maybe in the winter it will be advantagous?)

www.angelfire.com/pa3/spaceace/index.html

Old 11-24-1999, 05:04 AM
Thanks! I checked all the jams (grin) trying to find the darn sticker! Will check the computer itself.

Old 11-24-1999, 08:58 AM
Someone had scratched half of mine off. But, I found it on the passengers side on the galvanized looking box to the right of where you put your feet up on the side wall. The sticker is under a plastic clip that seems to serve no other purpose other than to obscure the sticker from view. It pulls right off.

Old 11-24-1999, 09:40 AM
Talking

Just had this same situation yesterday! Thanks to Mike T (Mr. "Chips"), the answer is easy: "here's another place you can
find the code: go to the computer itself. Look just above the passenger
kick panel, and you'll see the computer there, held to it's bracket by a
black plastic slide-off clip. Simple slide this clip off, and there should
be another code sticker right underneath it! 3 letters and a number." For example, my code is: TBL2
I might point out that I consider myself "mechanically impared", barely qualified to even check my own oil. However, with Mike and this message board backing-me-up, I'm going for it! Got my tools out and waiting for the UPS man! Thanks all,
BillyBoggs (F-150 owner for 3 days now)

Old 11-24-1999, 01:50 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear ps398,

Wow you guys get up early! Or do you just not sleep? I see almost all the posts in this thread are at 4 & 5 in the morning, good grief!

Billy Boggs provided the exact answer you need. In the 97 & later F-150, the computer is mounted so that almost all of it is in the cabin. Just look above the passenger kick panel, and you'll see the computer, just like Billy's post says. Remove the black plastic slide-off clip, and another code sticker is right underneath it, on the back of the computer. (By the way, when you install the Superchip, you'll reinstall this black clip 2 inches further down, as the Superchip goes right where that clip is in the factory location.)

Just remember that your computer code will always be 3 letters and a number on the late-model F-150.

Have a great Thanksgiving, and give us a shout if you need help!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 11-26-1999).]

Old 11-24-1999, 03:23 PM
Sleep? I think I've heard of it. thnks to all for your help. As soon as Turkey day is over I will investigate further.

Quick Reply: I don't have door sticker