More questions for "superchip" Mike

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-1999, 01:06 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear mjordan44,

No, the Jacob's ignition system will not have any effect on the Superchip, and vice-versa. So you can order the Superchip at any time, either before or after you do the Jacob's. And no, it doesn't matter to the Superchip that you have side-gapped your plugs, that's a great technique, glad to hear you did it!

The Superchip power gains on your 460 engine are 24 horsepower, and 45 lbs./ft. of torque, so you'll definitely feel it. And no, there are no different "flavors" available, it's program is already going to give you the highest possible power output using pump premium gas, while also improving overall driveability. It's of course also going to firm up the shift characteristics of your automatic transmission too. It removes the shift delay and the spark retard that happens during and right after a heavy-throttle upshift, and it also increases line pressure a bit, you'll like it.

And yes, we make chips for those 450-based motorhomes too.

We will need the computer code from each of these vehicles to be able to supply you with the correct Superchip. On your F-250 SD, it should be on a sticker in the driver's door frame, in between the door hinges, 3 letters and a number. On the motorhome, you will probably have to go to the computer to find it's code, which will also be 3 letters and a number. Every Ford computer has a large sticker on top of it with several lines of writing, and the code is usually a couple lines down, and it's printed in bold capitals, so it will stand out. I don't know where the computer will be on that motorhome, so you'll need to explore that a bit. It may well be under the hood, just follow the main wiring harness from the engine, and it should lead you to the ECU. It will have a wiring harness "hub" attached to the front of it, and this hub will have a single 10 mm bolt dead-center, that's a visual clue you can use.

The power gains on the V-10's are about 29 horsepower and 55 lbs./ft. of torque. Depending on the power rating of the V-10 as installed in that particular vehicle, that can vary a little bit, but those numbers are going to be very close.

Please feel free to give us a call or shoot me an email, our contact info is below in my signature line for your convenience.

Sounds like Santa is going to be making people happy at your house this year!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Old 11-18-1999, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info Mike. What sort of turn around time will I be looking at from order to reciept? I need to time this correctly for christmas.

Thanks
Mike J.

------------------
1997 F-250 HD Supercab 4x4 w/ 7.5l 460. Side-gapped Autolite plugs and Synthetic Oil are my only upgrades so far.

Old 11-19-1999, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question More questions for "superchip" Mike

Hello Mike T.
I currently own a 1997 F-250 HD with the 7.5l and auto. I am in the process of ordering a jacobs ignition. Will this have any affect on a superchip's program?
I would like to know if I need to wait to order the chip or can I order the chip first and add the ignition system at any time?
Also are there different "flavors" availible for my engine also, if so what are the different gains achieved? Also does it matter if I am using side gapped plugs?

You will also see this post under Tina's questions to Mike T. I wasn't sure if he would see it so I started a new topic.

One more question. This pertains to my fathers motor home. He has a 99 E-450 superduty with the V-10. Will a chip for the F-450 work on this vehicle. I would like to get one for christmas for him if it may help his gas mileage.

Thanks for any info.

Mike J.

------------------
1997 F-250 HD Supercab 4x4 w/ 7.5l 460. Side-gapped Autolite plugs and Synthetic Oil are my only upgrades so far.

[This message has been edited by mjordan44 (edited 11-18-1999).]

Old 11-19-1999, 02:36 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It will depend on where you live, meaning how far the product has to travel, method of shipment, and exactly when it leaves.

I would say to order at least 2-3 weeks before Christmas just to be sure. We really don't know how hectic it's going to be this Christmas shopping season, but if the rest of this year is any indicator, it's going to be the busiest ever. Some people are already ordering for Christmas now, whereas that usually doesn't start in earnest until the day after Thanksgiving most years.

If you want to shoot me a call or an email, with your location, I'll be happy to give you some more exact ideas as to what to expect for delivery times with the various methods of shipment. We'll make sure to get it to you in time!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Quick Reply: More questions for "superchip" Mike