Superchip: Need to solder computer contacts.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-1999, 09:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Superchip: Need to solder computer contacts.

Hi All, I have a Superchip and have just been informed that my "no start" problem is due to an issue with Ford not always soldering a connetion on the computer module. Is there anybody in AZ that can do this, as I can't afford to send the module off and be without transportation for days at a time.

Thanks,
Wes

Old 11-17-1999, 09:59 AM
I can't help directly, but you might wanna go this route.

Print the jumper location diagrams on this link
http://www.superchips.com/jumper.htm

and take them to a TV or stereo shop. A monkey could do the soldering. Just make sure it's a trained monkey !

Good luck.

Note: the preceding directions were stolen from the various posts on here....except the monkey part.

------------------
1999 F250 SD CC, LWB, 5.4L, Auto, 3.73, 4x4, Power TT mirrors w/ marker lights, White, Full Tint, PendaPro SR, FlowmasterDelta 40 series, K&N filtercharger, Superchip(Airbox removed for a second try, maybe in the winter it will be advantagous?)

www.angelfire.com/pa3/spaceace/index.html

[This message has been edited by spaceace (edited 11-17-1999).]

Old 11-17-1999, 01:01 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear Wes,

Spaceace gave some good advice. That URL he mentioned is the link to the manufacturer's web site, where there are color photos of the three different circuit boards that Ford's suppliers did not properly close the appropriate jumpers on. You can take that information and go to just about any TV, VCR, or radio repair shop, and they can do it for you in maybe 5 minutes.

One thing we do for our Superchip customers is also provide them with the ability to have their local technician at a TV, VCR, or radio repair shop be able to talk directly to a Superchips tech toll-free to walk them thru it.

Please feel free to give us a call if we can be of assistance, Wes, our number is below in my signature line. You shouldn't have any trouble getting this done locally.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Old 11-17-1999, 09:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Anybody in SC bring it to Forest Lake TV in Columbia and I'll do it for free.

Old 11-17-1999, 11:36 PM
Cool

xgates,I live in az also.Had the jumper problem also.Had it fixed at a vcr shop in tucson.Just down load the jumper schematics
take it to a tv vcr repair shop show them where to soilder jumpers.cost me 10.00 done in 10 min.Easy fix.

------------------
------------------------- 99 SILVER XLT/REG.CAB/4.2/5SPD/3.55/K&N Airbox Mod/Gibson Sweptside/Westin Black nerfs and now SuperChiped

Old 11-18-1999, 11:07 AM
No one noticed he was mostly worried about being without transportation? You guys are slipping! LOL

xgates, your truck will run without it while you wait.

Old 11-18-1999, 04:34 PM
Stupid me. The only thing I know about chips is how to open the bag. I stand corrected. You guys are still the Kings of chips.

Old 11-19-1999, 12:04 AM
Talking

cphilip, If he sends the computer (not the chip) to Superchips to have the jumpers soldered, he will be without transportation.

------------------
99 F150 XLT Silver 2WD S/C 4.2 5-speed, Superchip, Flowmaster muffler // Rear door switch guards - check them out at http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/show/5031

Old 11-19-1999, 12:49 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear Wes,

Superchips will be happy, regardless of where & who you bought your Superchip from, to do the work to your computer and overnight the computer back to you, free of charge! What I tell my customers is this: if you work days, you can time it so your downtime is less than 48 hrs. Ship off the computer with the Superchip together at a Mail Boxes Etc. or something similar, even Federal Express offices stay open until at least 7 pm. So if you drop it off in the evening of say, Monday, you would have it back Wednesday morning by 10:30 am in most places. Doing it that way, you can reduce your vehicle downtime to about 40 hrs. or so.

I just wanted to point this out, in case this might be an option for you. Sometimes people just feel better about having Superchips the manufacturer do the work, since they are experts.

Best of luck whatever you do,

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Old 11-19-1999, 04:49 AM
Find an amateur radio operator, otherwise known as a Ham. The Ham will do it for free or know somebody who will.

Old 11-19-1999, 11:11 AM
Lightbulb

Thanks for all the help!! Have a higher comfort level with the diagrams and knowing that Superchips can be called for questions. Thanks again!

Wes

Quick Reply: Superchip: Need to solder computer contacts.