Winter cleanups?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 06:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winter cleanups?

Any tricks that any of you use for winter cleanups???

I usually just put on a latex glove under my wash mitt and go at it. I do try to make sure that I do this when the temp won't fall below freezing that night! LOL.
Applying my polish or wax products is my really question here. How cold do most you stop at and do you get any protection when you was at .... say 40 degrees. I don't have a heated space to work in but still like to keep my truck looking good. Having moved into a new home on a new street that hasn't been paved yet, I know it's gonna be a challenge this winter.
So... what do yall do in the winter????

Old 11-04-2002, 02:50 PM
Hi Donny

You may need "Mud Boots"

I use a wash stick..holds water/soap in handle..has syn. fiber head..seems to work ok....no hands in water.

I dont wax in winter time. So dont know at what temp. best.

Sometimes i wash at home in winter...but not when its gonna freeze...water on driveway next am...well im no ice skater
I just go to local DIY car wash. Then again...sometimes i think i want wash till next summer...you know..just wash/clean...first puddle or car goes by..SPLASH.

Good luck...OT

Old 11-04-2002, 09:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The lowest temp to apply wax is not air temp but surface temp.

Wash your truck with something like Protect All's Quick and Easy Wash to minimize the amount of water you have to use. You can wash your truck with about 1 gallon of water. I did it this past weekend at the La Chapter's meet for FTW. They saw how simple it is.

Then put your truck in the sun and let the paint heat up and then wax it. You'll have to move your truck around some but you'll still be able to get wax on it.

I suggest using something that lasts like Pro's Profection. It is an Amino Functional Polymer. It'll last through winter's salt. Get a quart at prowax.com. I've started to use this stuff instead of Klasse Sealant Glaze (Not saying Klasse SG is a bad wax. Profection is just easier to use

Old 11-09-2002, 12:11 AM
I used to have the same problem but in recent years I have solved this problem by mooching one of my friends from work heated garage. It has solved all my cold weather problems and I get to spend the day with one of my buddies. All in all I think this is the perfect solution.

Old 11-20-2002, 09:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by mjhpadi
I used to have the same problem but in recent years I have solved this problem by mooching one of my friends from work heated garage. It has solved all my cold weather problems and I get to spend the day with one of my buddies. All in all I think this is the perfect solution.
Thats the perfect cold-weather solution

Old 11-23-2002, 03:04 PM
Thumbs up winter solution

I just go down to the Firehouse, pull a truck (one with out water on board) and wash and wax away. Plus if an alarm hits ,I'm the 1st one there.

One of the perks of being a Volunteer FireFighter

dly

Quick Reply: Winter cleanups?