1,100$$ jar of wax

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2002, 04:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1,100$$ jar of wax

Allright, i was looking threw a site called AutoDetail.com, and was looking for some wax. When i came across this,
http://207.153.193.219/abi001/showde...D=240&CATID=35
Now i have got to ask has anybody ever used this? Plus this site has alot of good products and the prices are not to bad.

Old 09-07-2002, 08:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it Zymol wax?

Don't buy their really expensive wax. That stuff is all marketing.

If you want the best you can get, then pinnacle souveran or P21S would the choice. Pinnacle is like $80 a jar but worth it.

Old 09-07-2002, 10:24 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OUCH! That's pretty wild. They say it's an endless supply of wax so, I suppose if you had a detail business or something like that... maybe you could justify the expense. $1,100 for wax though!??!

Hey Intel, what makes something that expensive? I mean, even $80 for a bottle of wax seems extreme. I cringe spending the $20 for the Meguiars Premium Paint Protection (but I do because I really like it and know it's great stuff). What sets it apart from the rest? Is it just the quality of the ingredients?

RP

Old 09-08-2002, 02:25 AM
Yhea I checked into that $1,100 dollar enless supply thing to. You only get two refills a year. Not enough wax for a detail business.

Mainly marketing. Even the $80 wax. They have a product people want so they have a high price and people pay it.

Originally posted by RockPick
OUCH! That's pretty wild. They say it's an endless supply of wax so, I suppose if you had a detail business or something like that... maybe you could justify the expense. $1,100 for wax though!??!

Hey Intel, what makes something that expensive? I mean, even $80 for a bottle of wax seems extreme. I cringe spending the $20 for the Meguiars Premium Paint Protection (but I do because I really like it and know it's great stuff). What sets it apart from the rest? Is it just the quality of the ingredients?

RP

Old 09-08-2002, 10:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I kinda figured that, but i just could not believe my eye's when i saw that price. I figure 80 bucks a jar is not bad for my truck. Can both of those waxes be put on by a buffer? Or are they better applied by hand?

Old 09-08-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by psychoscrew
I kinda figured that, but i just could not believe my eye's when i saw that price. I figure 80 bucks a jar is not bad for my truck. Can both of those waxes be put on by a buffer? Or are they better applied by hand?
Well, they are both paste waxes but you can apply them with a buffer but it isn't as easy. You use an hand applicator and put the wax on it, then rub it on the buffer pad. You really won't gain that much speed over applying paste wax by hand though.

P21S you have to apply a section at a time and you buff it off before it hazes! Like, apply it to a 2'X2' section and then buff it right off. Takes some practice to get a streak free finish but it is worth it.

Quick Reply: 1,100$$ jar of wax