is there a need(look inside)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2001, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is there a need(look inside)

is there a need to using the 3 step process. #1 cleaner(to get rid of sworls, contaminates,and small scraches), #2 polish, #3 wax. is there a need for all of that. it would take some serious time to do all of that. i mean i know the logic behind it, but ive never used a cleaner or polish on my old truck and the paint was still in very good shape after 10 years in the family. so tell me if those extra things are worth the time.

Old 11-16-2001, 05:14 PM
It's supposed to be the best way. I just use Meguires cleaner wax. At lest it takes care of two steps. I don't think these factory clearcoats need all that.

Old 11-16-2001, 07:47 PM
I suppose there is a benefit to it. But I guess the arguement could be made that the extra effort does not show a significant difference after 3 or 4 years of elemental exposure.

And depending on your colour, such as Silver, the naked eye cant see the difference.

Maybe its a marketing ploy to sell an extra step (therefore more more money)

Old 11-19-2001, 10:44 AM
so is all i need to do is the cleaner wax?

Old 11-20-2001, 10:45 AM
Crazed.
It really depends on how picky you are, if you're satisfied with the way it looks then just use the cleaner/wax.
However, if you go through all three steps once or twice a year you will see a difference.

Old 11-24-2001, 11:53 PM
i guess ill just see how i like it after each step and see what all i need to do. did anyone perfer anything over the other?

Old 11-25-2001, 01:18 AM
I've used the cleaner/wax and then i've done the 3-step process an dI will say the 3-step process does result in a much brighter, much longer lasting shine as well as being able to repell water for a much longer time. I think you just get a much better job if seperate the steps, otherwise your cleaning and waxing at the same time. If you clean first you get all the conaminants out and then your sure when you put the wax down theres no crap that might be trapped under the wax. Once again like someone already mentioned its all in how picky you are, if you just want to kinda protect the paint for a long time then hte cleaner/wax will be sufficient but if you are really **** about having a perfect shine, your better off doing it sperately...

Trending Topics

Old 11-25-2001, 08:34 AM
I just did the 3 steps to my black truck last weekend, also did my wife's lumina dark red. It does make a difference on dark colors really gives a deeper shine. Irs a lot of work but hey our trucks are worth it! What ever you decide enjoy

Rick

Quick Reply: is there a need(look inside)