Problem With Pine Sap

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2001, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem With Pine Sap

I GOT SOME PINE SAP ON MY HOOD, AND I USED A PRODUCT CALLED GOO-GONE TO CLEAN IT OFF AND IT BROUGHT IT OFF ALL RIGHT, BUT IT LEFT A SMALL BLEMISH IN THE CLEARCOAT. WHAT SHOULD I DO TO REMOVE IT? USE SOME KIND OF SCRATCH REMOVER COMPOUND? IF ANYONE CAN HELP, PLEASE DO SO.

Old 11-10-2001, 11:36 PM
WD40 applied with a clean cloth diaper would've removed the pine sap, and not hurt your finish (altho' you'd have to wash/rinse/re-wax the area as well -- but you'd have done that anyway, right?). Wash the area again. Try using a Cleaner Wax, like Meguiars, and see if removes the blemish.

Old 11-11-2001, 03:52 AM
Depending on how long the sap has been there, it coud have "etched" the paint.

Old 11-18-2001, 07:10 PM
Talking

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG FOR ME TO REPLY. I USED SOME MEGUIRE'S CLEANER WAX, AND IT TOOK THAT BLEMISH RIGHT OFF. THANKS FOR THE INFO. I MUST COMMENT ON MEGUIRE'S CLEANER WAX, IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM, AND I DID MY WHOLE TRUCK WITH IT AFTER I GOT DONE WITH REMOVING THE BLEMISH. IT LEFT A GLEAMING SHINE, AND MY TRUCK IS READY FOR THE WINTER. THANK YOU FELLERS!

Old 11-19-2001, 09:29 AM
Glad your paint wasn't deeply etched!! But don't forget, that cleaner wax is slightly abrasive (hence the reason it's called a "Cleaner" wax). So don't use it regularly. You should have an "everyday" non-abrasive wax as well -- Blitz, Zaino, whatever. Check these sites out:
http://www.autofanatics.com/carcarecorner1.html
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/

Old 11-19-2001, 10:30 AM
Thumbs up

THANKS FOR THE INFO. SUNDOG7. I DID'NT KNOW YOU COULDN'T USE THE CLEANER WAX REGULARLY, AND THAT IT WAS AN ABRASIVE WAX. THANKS FOR THE WEBSITES, THEY MAY COME IN HANDY. HOW OFTEN SHOULD I USE THE CLEANER WAX? ONCE A YEAR MAYBE? JUST WONDERING. I REALLY LIKE MEGUIRE'S WAX AND I WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE USING IT(NON-ABRASIVE OF COURSE), BUT I'VE HEARD ON THESE BOARDS THAT ZAINO IS A REALLY GOOD WAX AS WELL. I MIGHT BUY SOME OF IT. WHERE DO YOU GET IT? THANKS AGAIN.

Old 11-19-2001, 11:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you have a light-colored truck you should be ok using the cleaner-wax a few times a year. Just go over it with a good quality wax like Meguiars Gold Class after using the cleaner-wax.

Trending Topics

Old 11-20-2001, 12:16 AM
Meguiar's is fine. Zaino is only sold on their website. While an excellent product, it's also pricey. Many swear by it, as any search on this site will show you. You can do just fine with any premium wax and regular care. Your cleaner wax should be saved for when you have a problem with your finish (like your pine sap); otherwise, use you regular wax. Check that Autopia site for some excellent tips and care care guidance.

Quick Reply: Problem With Pine Sap