Discount Tire Co.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2001, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Discount Tire Co.

Hi all,

I would think twice about taking my truck to the Discount Tire Co. in Plano (far north Dallas) on 75 and Plano pkwy.

Even though $1800+ was spent at Discount Tire, they refused to fix/replace an $80 part (purchased/installed by them) that was damaged when the aftermarket wheels were removed.

Talks with the mamager produced no results. Filed complaint with the BBB.

DTC, you lost my business for an $80 part! Your choice! No Discount Tire for me!

Stephlan

Old 10-01-2001, 02:23 PM
Unbelievable. Talk about no busines sense.

Old 10-01-2001, 11:46 PM
well... they did get $1800 from him and we have yet to see what exactly was damaged. could be a perception issue, and it could be that he did indeed get screwed. just not enough info to pass judgement.

Old 10-03-2001, 11:31 PM
I've gotta agree with Ruune. Not enough info. I've taken both my vehicles to the local DTC. I've experienced nothing but excellent help, and a lot of decent advice. It just doesn't make a lick of sense that DTC would backfart on a customer over an $80 part after spending $1800.

Old 10-04-2001, 12:00 AM
Sundog7,

If it/they (DTC) made sense, then we wouldn't be having this conversation/posts now would we??

Old 10-04-2001, 12:20 AM
What did they (DTC) break?

Old 10-04-2001, 02:26 PM
Wrong! If you could present both sides of the story, then we could better discern the problem.........that, or you're just grousing for a petty reason. As it is, anyone can bitch if there's no Other Side to The Story. I'm not going to stop going to DTC based on what one guy in Texas is PO'd about. That's not a pattern of problems and it not a fair assessment either. You don't stop buying Ford because they rankled your feathers over a small part, do you? All I'm saying is I think there's more to this story. You have every right to be angry with them, but telling everyone not to patronize them because you have a beef is no answer either.

Trending Topics

Old 10-04-2001, 02:37 PM
Sundog hit it on the money, and frankly, your reluctance to tell the whole story leaves me with a LOT of doubt. I've dealt with DTC at various locations in San Antonio and Austin and they've gone above and beyond the call of duty- and on more than one occasion. In fact, TWICE theyve had someone drive across town to get the tires that I want when they dont have them in stock. True, you may have dealt with some numbnutz, but if you're going to slander a company, you need to present the whole case AND be objective. Dont make blind accusations without backing your statement up.

Old 10-04-2001, 02:42 PM
Lean-

You have people on every single one of the 8 or 10 places you started this thread asking for the whole story, doubting your judgement, or just ragging on you and your story in general.

How much more of a clue do you need that you should have just either told the whole story or just kept it to yourself??

Quick Reply: Discount Tire Co.