What happened to Care & Detailing???

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 01:40 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
Funny part, looking for a site to get away from the ads, the suggestion is to go to the site that fills this sub forum with ads.
AG may advertise on other sites, and mostly this site, but at least their home site has a sub forum that is only for "deals". Unlike here where almost every other thread is an advertisement. Heck, even "the Cafe" has a "Where to Get What You Need" sub-forum...I see lot's of advertisements there. But I guess only the professionals are posting on "the Cafe".

This site, F150online, is becoming one big advertisement. I'll have to remember to scrap the F150online stickers off my toolbox. I'm almost embarrassed to be a member here. In fact, I'm deleting all the text from the threads...at least all the "I've done this" type threads. Pictures and all. Hopefully, soon, it will be like I was never a member here. I'm sure the "mods" will help that along...if that's the case you won't have to worry about reading the crap I'm typing.

This site, F150online, used to be cool...now it's not, but I suppose that's the way all internet forums are going. To whoever owns this site...it sucks.

I tried to join the "cool" detailing forums...but as it turns out I couldn't as the owners of that site couldn't be contacted until I said something here, and then they opened it up. Sounds like the clique didn't want the bad press.

I've been told that "the Cafe" has some old posts that are still relevant. That may make sense to the layperson, but to me that just means "that's all we got...there is better out there, we just haven't figured out yet". If you are ok w/that then good luck on this or that site and others. I'm sure you'll say something like "that 26point2...he just doesn't get it". And you'll live your life in your little world where you follow one or two people and do whatever they tell you and you'll use whatever products they tell you to use, you'll put up w/the advertisements and buy in bulk whatever they are selling...and you'll be happy.

Me...I'm out of here. F150online was cool but now it's not. I'll get my information from somewhere else. Even if the answer is here it won't matter if I'm a member or not.

In other words...keep your clique'y sites...my experience and knowledge will stay with me.

In other words part 2: Eff this site...I'm out of here. Good luck to all.

R/
Two Six

Last edited by 26point2; 03-30-2014 at 01:46 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:28 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
In fact, I'm deleting all the text from the threads
That's a real adult attitude - jerk. Don't let the door hit you in the @$$ on the way out.

Old 03-30-2014, 12:08 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Make sure your panties are wadded up good and tight and your tinfoil hat is properly adjusted, that way nobody will be able to track you where ever you go! Also be careful of the garden gnomes, they will report back to us where you might be.

REALLY DUDE? You are that upset over ads? I look at this forum but just don't click on most of the ad threads. The ones that look like I can learn something are the only ones I look at.........But I'm not a Pro, or even a detailer for that matter.

Now count to ten, go to your room, and don't come out until you can behave!

Old 03-30-2014, 12:47 PM
esf
Wow, man. Haha.

Not that your "knowledge and experience" are welcomed and appreciated but this place as well as any other place you frequent or visit will get on just fine without you. In fact, you probably won't even be missed. Hell, the same goes for me for that matter. So get off your high horse you arragont ***.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:49 PM
glc
Heh - his user title is now "Suspended". No great loss.

Someone go ban him from the Cafe too.

Old 03-31-2014, 03:11 PM
Damn .. I was so looking forward to learning so much from such a patient and understanding fellow. What will I ever do without being exposed to his knowledge?

Old 03-31-2014, 03:14 PM
Old 03-31-2014, 04:35 PM
esf
Originally Posted by Gipraw
Damn .. I was so looking forward to learning so much from such a patient and understanding fellow. What will I ever do without being exposed to his knowledge?
And his experience. Don't forget his experience. Wouldn't want him to blow his top.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by esf
And his experience. Don't forget his experience. Wouldn't want him to blow his top.
Crap now I only have you 2 to tell me what to buy and what to do with it....
- RR and TS also, so I guess I am doing better than he though, I have 4 "telling me what to buy and what to do with it".

How am I going to survive without 26point2's experience and knowledge ??

26point2 will fit right in with the crowd at AG. The advertising that he complained about drove him right to the site, good little consumer he is.

I guess F150OL was due for a route of "this site and you guys suck" posts.
- Once they exit stage right, things will calm down and go back to normal.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:03 PM
glc
Oh, I can ALWAYS tell you what to do with it...............

Old 04-06-2014, 11:32 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
Oh, I can ALWAYS tell you what to do with it...............
What is up !!!

You must hit this !!!

Old 04-06-2014, 11:45 PM
Wow, that was odd.

Out of his 280 ish posts, maybe 10 of them where detailing related.

The Cafe is so exclusive no one can join, couldn't be further from the truth.

As others have explained the Cafe is pounded by spammers and bots...part of the reason why we have no ads.

If anyone wants to join just pm one of the frequent members and we'll get your all tuckered in.

Cheers...and good luck to the OP. I hope that your drive by posting/insults will be sufficient for your needs and desires and of course ad free.

F150OL is a great site that we have all learned from and will continue to learn from on a variety of topics..

No one site can be the end all be all for every person.

The RR.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:24 PM
3.5 years later and I'm back!!! Yep, it's 26piont2!! With a different username. Everyone here is still one big loser Go ahead...ban me again.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:58 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I still like how my engine detail came out.. ha, ha..

Mitch

Quick Reply: What happened to Care & Detailing???