Zeibart Diamond Gloss treatment

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 08:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zeibart Diamond Gloss treatment

Guys,

Looking for a little information if anyone has had any experience with Zeibart Diamond Gloss treatment.

From what I understand is that it's a paint protectant that they apply to your vehicle and you shouldn't have to wax anymore once it's applied. I've heard people say that you have to get it reapplied every year but I was looking for some first hand reviews of the product if anyone has used it on their trucks? Also I was wondering since I have the FX appearance package in black with the stripe is that something that I should put over the stripe or have them go around?

My truck hasn't come in yet so I'm not 100% sure yet if I'm going to keep the stripe or not, however from the pictures I've seen I kinda like the look of the matte black stripe on the black truck.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:38 AM
I am not a fan. If you are looking for that type of a sealant, then look at one of the Optimum products. They are much better quality. Opti-seal or Opti-coat/guard

Old 05-31-2012, 09:10 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Gipraw
I am not a fan. If you are looking for that type of a sealant, then look at one of the Optimum products. They are much better quality. Opti-seal or Opti-coat/guard
Concurred 100% with Gip. Products like this, in my opinion, still fall in the 'snake oil' category but, the technology has certainly advanced over the years. While I'm not familiar with Zeibart's product, I can tell you that I would think that the 'claim' to not have to wax ever again is under perfect circumstances and probably not having the vehicle out of the garage. Environmental effects determine the longevity of any 'film building' type of protection -- this even includes clear coat (keeping it in the same category as a protective barrier - which is exactly what clear coating is).

Personal opinion - keep the cash for the service in your product and use it every year - or every other year (depending on your environmental conditions) for a reputable detailer to go over your vehicle, properly correct the paint, and seal it with a reputable product that should give you several months - if not a year plus (depending on environmental conditions) of adequate protection).

-RP

Old 05-31-2012, 02:34 PM
Thanks!!! after I posted this I kept poking around for a bit and saw the optimum products mentioned with good reviews. I might try that. Looks like you can get a good solid 8 months out of it and it's not that difficult to apply yourself.

Coming from a Mustang back to an F-150 I wasn't looking fwd to waxing it every so often. I had a 97 F-150 back in the day and that think took FOREVER to wax up properly. The new one I'm getting has 2 more doors to it LOL

Old 05-31-2012, 07:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A friend of mine has had it on a black 2001 Expedition since the day he bought it and swears by it. The reason I found out he had it on there was when I commented how much better I could make his truck look last summer. (Oops!) It was the most awful looking mess I'd ever seen. Save your money.

Quick Reply: Zeibart Diamond Gloss treatment