Meguires 3 step or Zymol? Or other?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2001, 03:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just buffed my truck today with #4 Meguiars Heavy cut cleaner. I used a 7" wool pad. Once I was done,I saw swirl marks I opened up the Zymol and it took them right out Man,my truck looks clean now,,,,98

Old 07-18-2001, 11:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Zaino's gets my vote

I used the Zaino Bro's products on my black S'Crew and have never had a slicker, shinier vehicle. Just read the tips on the Zaino site, follow the directions, and enjoy the best looking truck in town!!! Take a look at hte link in my signature to see a picture of it. Makes me proud!!!

By the way, the vinegar diluted with water in a squirt bottle works great for the water spots on my boat in the picture.

Old 07-18-2001, 11:47 PM
Cool Zymol. Wow!

Used Zymol on the black HD and the truck is P E R F E C T now! Dunno if Zaino would have done the same job or not but I'm certainly tempted to try it based on all the good things people say here about it.

Zymol was difficult to apply and polish out, but the truck sure looks great.

Old 07-19-2001, 01:33 AM
I usually buff off the Zymol before it dries completely. It's much easier that way. You can use a damp applicator,and it won't go on as heavy,too. I have heard VERY good things about Zaino bros. also. The several different steps would kill me,though I nearly keel over from heat exhaustion just from one coat of Zymol,hehehe,,,,,98

Old 07-19-2001, 06:31 AM
Cherry Wet Wax, as good as any if not better. Great shine, easy on / off, and very reasonably priced. Check this site for what to do to your car: http://www.autopia-carcare.com/ and check this site to get your Cherry Wet Wax, clay bars, and other stuff: http://www.coatsproducts.com/ . Check out my album and website if you wish for the quality of finish.

Old 07-20-2001, 10:41 AM
ZAINO, goes on easy, a little goes a long way, comes off easy. You can let it dry overnight if you want and it still comes right off. Great for those late night cleanings when it gets to dark to see and you miss a spot. The multiple steps are not necessary every time either.

98Screamer, try a foam pad made for clear coats and your swirls will be history. Terry and wool are too harsh on clear coats especially Fords super thin coat.

MrChrome, Sal Zaino himself will tell you that dish soap will remove his products as well.

Old 08-08-2001, 11:17 PM
Re: Zymol. Wow!

Originally posted by HarleyGuy
Used Zymol on the black HD and the truck is P E R F E C T now! Dunno if Zaino would have done the same job or not but I'm certainly tempted to try it based on all the good things people say here about it.

Zymol was difficult to apply and polish out, but the truck sure looks great.
HarleyGuy:

There is a Zaino Distributor in Des Moines. A friend from work brought my attention to their products today. He started to use them and is very pleased with the results. I think I might make the switch from Mequires and try it on my HD based on his recommendation and from the responses on this board.

Old 08-09-2001, 01:03 AM
I have been using Zaino for a year now, and it is the greatest. I have tried so many brands, and all they do is swirl. For black, Zaino is the best.

I wax twice a month, wash once a week, dust it twice a day. So when the weather is nice, you can bet my truck is gonna be shining.

Old 08-09-2001, 04:30 AM
No wonder my truck doesn't shine like yours, Mudder. I wash once a month and wax twice a year.

Does that mean I have to send my F150 Online sticker back?

Old 08-09-2001, 11:35 AM
Cool

I really need my own buffer! I was looking for a foam pad,but couldn't seem to find one the day I rented the buffer. Just bought an orbital buffer the other day,we'll see what that can do,,,,98

Old 08-11-2001, 03:56 PM
Unhappy Dishsoap and Zaino

In response to Norm I talk to Sal all the time as I am a distributor to and funny thing is he always says dishsoap WILL NOT remove Zaino. There are only two things that will: Clay and a solvent based cleaner.

Old 08-11-2001, 11:52 PM
Anyone have experience with the Zaino in MI winters, or anywhere that a lot of salt is used on the roads? Does it protect as well as a carnuba/silicone based wax, or just make the paint real shiny and remove the scratches? Thanks

Old 08-13-2001, 09:57 PM
Thumbs up I am with Zymol

Here are some pics of my truck with Zymol and I think its pretty damn shnazzy.Here are some pics for you guys enjoyment. I think I might sleep with my bottle of Zymol tonight, I am proud of it, its been like 6 months since I waxed and I had some pretty harsh swirlies but I slapped some Zymol and *poof* away they went.

P.S.
a Good appilcator/removing tool is the yellow flannel towels Wally World (Walmart) sells they are extra soft and they take off excess wax without too much trouble.

Also keep in mind I am a ranch boy from the boonies, and this is a 98 truck I have had for 3 years now, now dont tell me thats a kick@$$ shine we got going on there.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Meguiars

Old 04-05-2010, 04:03 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Why did you feel the need to reopen a thread that's been dead for 9 years with a one word response? That's not how forums work.

Quick Reply: Meguires 3 step or Zymol? Or other?