Just discovered door crack......as well as other cracks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2001, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Just discovered door crack......as well as other cracks!!!

Well, I was really hoping that I wouldn't have this problem.....But, tonight I am doing a really close inspection and, there it is, the infamous door crack. And, looking very similar to the door crack, is all my beautiful cracks in the clear coat......not a pretty sight. Cracks all over the place, doors, hood, roof, under the supercab windows......And the warranty was up about 15000 kms ago. Geuss I'll have to go down to the dealer this week and see what they say. Anybody else having very good luck getting them fixed out of warranty? Any pointers anyone could offer before going in to see the dealer?

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-03-2001, 11:47 AM
Angry

I know how you feel. I went to Keystone Ford on July 4, last year for warranty work on the door and roof cracks, and STILL they haven't got it in for repair. They just keep stalling and stalling. Probably they're hoping I (we) get fed up and trade it in for a new one...yeah right.

Old 07-04-2001, 01:56 PM
Exclamation

Hey,

That's where I was going to go, too! If they're being tough about it, maybe I'll try another dealer. I heard that Cam Clark Ford is supposed to be pretty good.

I'll let you know if I have any luck.

Jeff

Old 07-05-2001, 09:38 AM
Unhappy

Ive been told by the body shop manager that the kits to fix the doors did come in BUT...the special glue was recalled. Now they (and me!) are waiting for the better kits to show up in August. Since I'm away on vacation 'till then it really doesn't bother me too much. Only waiting a year so far, at least it's on warranty.

Ed

Old 07-05-2001, 09:12 PM
That is a problem for me.....the truck is no longer under warranty....

Old 07-06-2001, 02:31 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Unhappy Me Too (out of warranty)

I'm just waiting until there is some sort of "real" fix or they issue a recall. Got a quote for over $700 to do both doors about a month ago. Only driver door has crack, but I think the pass door is starting to show now.

I just keep my window opening to a minimum. Very hard in the summer. But when I do open the window, I don't close it all the way until I have to. When I do have to close it, I put the palm of my hand on the door and apply pressure and then roll the window all the way. It reduces the flex some, but you have to watch and not apply too much pressure, or you are just flexing it the other way (inward!). Still, not the way to enjoy a vehicle as it was meant to be enjoyed. Fortunately, this is my only problem with the the rig (knock wood). The only other "grip" I had was the "wussy" rear springs, but I resolved that.....

Quick Reply: Just discovered door crack......as well as other cracks!!!