Anyone using the Mequiars Mist and Shine having problems?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2001, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Anyone using the Mequiars Mist and Shine having problems?

I have been using the Mist and Shine after every wash lately. It makes the paint look great but it seems to be building up on the paint?

I just cannot get the truck clean. Granted it is black, but there is still a film on it after I spent $5.00 at the best car wash in town. I wash the truck every week so it wasn't that dirty. What gives?

Is this product "building up" on my paint and preventing it from getting clean.

Any suggestions?

------------------
Supercrew 4x4 Lariat
Solid Black , 5.4 Triton, 3.55 Limited Slip, 6750# GVWR Package, Skid Plates, Moon Roof, Sliding Rear Window, Trailer Tow - Class III, Cargo Cage, Grey Leather Captains Chairs, 6-Disc CD Changer

Mods:
305/70/16 Goodyear ATS
American Racing Atlas 16x8
Chrome Westin Steps
Flowmaster, Delta Flow 50 SI/DO
Cranked Torsion Bars 1"
Mobil 1 @ 1,000 miles
Concept II Deflecta Shield

Planned:
Toneau Cover
Expedition Console Mod. (Been there, done that - didn't like it so I sent it back!)

Another great Ford truck site -www.fseries.com

Truck Pictures

[This message has been edited by kkirt1 (edited 03-25-2001).]

Old 03-25-2001, 08:58 PM
Have you tried hand washing the truck. I personally don't take mine to a car wash. They ALL scratch!!!!

------------------
HD F150
2000 FLHTCUI
1970 OLDS Cutlass W 31
2000 Lincoln LS

Old 03-27-2001, 11:45 AM
It's not the mist and shine building up. The mist and shine is actually removing all the other crap piled onto the paint. An example, about once a month, I take my baby to the wash and get the super job. the final touch the machine does is a hot clear coat. I've found that the clear coat is what builds up and the meguiars removes it. I hand wash every week, very gentle with it. However, I'll be taking the pre-cleaner wax to it soon to get all that build up off and start from the bottom. Then polish, then wax. That's my routene anyway...takes a good 5hrs

------------------
2000 4.2 Supercab XLT
What I've done: K&N filter, Magna flow custom exaust (From where cat's join, 3"in, two 2.5" out the rear), Michelin LTX M/S 265/75/16's, MTX Thunderform custom box with two 6000 series 8" subwoofers and Mtx 120 amp.
Plans: Lund hood deflector, superchip, Poweraid, Xenon sport Flares, (custom ram-air idea?)

Old 04-12-2001, 02:09 AM
If you are worried about the Meguiars try a product called "Race Glaze." It is also a spray and wipe type product but I think it does a better job and doesn't smudge windows or mirrors like the Meguiars.

------------------
'96 F-150 302
Hedman Hedders, Catco Cat., Gibson Super Truck, K&N F.I.P.K.

Quick Reply: Anyone using the Mequiars Mist and Shine having problems?