Clay bar ?s

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2001, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

What do y'all think about claying a brand new delivered truck before I put the polich on (ZAINO)? Seems like it would get all the stuff from transit and all. Any harm to paint with it being so new?

------------------
1994 Toyota 4wd 22re Soon to have either 2001 Supercrew 4wd, or 2001 F-250 4wd PSD.

Old 03-29-2001, 01:50 PM
Both my truck and my GF's truck had TERRIBLE finishes when we picked them up from the dealer. Evidently, both of them had sat on the lot for a while before they were cleaned up after the sale.

My advice would be to go ahead and clay the truck right after you pick it up - I know mine needed it.

------------------
VENOM 99
  • Y2K F-150 SuperCab XLT 4x4
  • 5.4L, 4R70W, 3.55LS ORP, Trailer Tow
  • Extang BlackMax tonneau
  • BedRug
  • Alpine CDM-7857 CD/Receiver
  • Cobra 18 WX ST Weatherband CB Radio
  • envious of those with the chrome steel 5-spoke factory wheels

www.students.uiuc.edu/~cellariu

Old 03-30-2001, 07:23 AM
mtucker - if you are still having problems finding a clay bar system you can order on line from "Mothers". I have found the clay bar kit just about impossable to find here in bleak New England and what is worse - the kids at most of the parts stores have never even heard of it . . . ! No one location up here seems to carry anyone's complete line - I had to go to two parts stores (the same chain), in two different states, to get Mother's Phase I, II, and III - neither store carried all the items . . . ! Of course, that just gives me more time to enjoy the ride, even if traffic is a bear!

------------------
Gots:
2000 F-150, 4x4, SCab, XLT, Island Blue, Styleside, 157” Wheelbase, 5.4L EFI, 4-Speed Auto O/D, Class III Towing Package, 1.02” Radiator; AM/FM/CD; Dark Graphite 40/60 Cloth Seats (F/R); Rear Slider; 4 Wheel ABS; “Ex-Tang” Snapless Tonneau; Ford “Duraliner” Bedliner; “CDA” Paint Saver Pad; “Lund Runners” Truck Steps; “Husky” Splashguards; “Weather Tech” Floor Mats; “Saddleman” Hood Protector; “WeatherTech” WeatherFlectors; 4th Brake Light; 55 Watt Backup Lights (pair, under hitch).

Wants:
2.20” Radiator; 4th Brake Light (again!); “K&N” FIPK; “Gibson” Dual Sport Truck Cat-Back Exhaust System; “Exotic Wood” Steering Wheel & Dash Kit; “RoadMaster” Active Suspension; Lighted “Blue Oval” Logos – grill and tailgate; Remote Starter; Pilot Driving Lights; “Lund” Backdraft Tailgate Spoiler; …

Old 03-30-2001, 11:00 AM
Swampview: Check this:
http://www.autofanatics.com/carcarecorner1.html

I obtain my clay from this place, and he's up in your neck of the woods. Nice products. Good Service.

Old 03-30-2001, 02:37 PM
Smile

sundog7: Great site - thanks for the tip . . . ! Some stuff is cheaper than Mother's and some is the same - but, great to have such a huge selection in one place. Once again, many thanks . . . !

------------------
Gots:
2000 F-150, 4x4, SCab, XLT, Island Blue, Styleside, 157” Wheelbase, 5.4L EFI, 4-Speed Auto O/D, Class III Towing Package (with the 1.02” Radiator); AM/FM/CD; Dark Graphite 40/60 Cloth Seats (F/R); Rear Slider; 4 Wheel ABS; “Ex-Tang” Snapless Tonneau; Ford “Duraliner” Bedliner; “CDA” Paint Saver Pad; “Lund Runners” Truck Steps; “Husky” Splashguards; “Weather Tech” Floor Mats; “Saddleman” Hood Protector; “WeatherTech” WeatherFlectors; 4th Brake Light; 55 Watt Backup Lights (pair, under hitch).

Wants:
2.20” Radiator; 4th Brake Light (again!); “K&N” FIPK; “Gibson” Dual Sport Truck Cat-Back Exhaust System; “Exotic Wood” Steering Wheel & Dash Kit; “RoadMaster” Active Suspension; Lighted “Blue Oval” Logos – grill and tailgate; Remote Starter; Pilot Driving Lights; “Lund” Backdraft Tailgate Spoiler;

Quick Reply: Clay bar ?s