Power Window Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2001, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Power Window Trouble

I recently purchased a '99 F150 and am having trouble with the drivers side power window control. I can not roll down the passenger window, if it is already down I can roll it up. I just got the truck back from the shop having the door ajar switches replaced. Any tricks to fixing this one ? ? ?

Old 02-27-2001, 10:50 AM
Zen
Apparently, it's a royal pain to put the door panels/window mechanism back together properly. I brought my truck in for them to investigate some odd noises coming from the power window (passenger side) and the Ford technician almost cut one of his finger's off trying to put it back together. I know this doesn't really answer your question, but I thought I'd relay what happened to my truck.

-Zen

Old 03-12-2001, 10:02 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bansheegal:
I recently purchased a '99 F150 and am having trouble with the drivers side power window control. I can not roll down the passenger window, if it is already down I can roll it up. I just got the truck back from the shop having the door ajar switches replaced. Any tricks to fixing this one ? ? ? </font>
Hey all/so I have the driver side crank all messed up and it's a little bit the same but dif. Hopfully your half moon shaped crank isn't stripped. I'm getting a price or a look at and it's not cheap... good luck.

[This message has been edited by Pork Chop (edited 03-12-2001).]

Old 03-14-2001, 08:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Could be a few things, but we need more info... does the passenger side switch work? If so, I'd guess it's the driver's side switch... that's the one that gets rained on/snowed on/spilled on the most, and therefore will generally fail first. Try the passenger side switch and see if it works.

It's also possible it's a mechanical problem.... motor could be bad, regulator could be jamming, one of the guide brackets could be loose, etc, but try the switch first (always eliminate the obvious before tearing the door apart).

Let us know what you find.

-Joe-

------------------
98 Explorer (Lemon Law Case in Progress)

'00 F-150, X-cab, 4x4, Lariat, Off-road, Trailer Tow, Holandia Sunroof, built 11/99 picked up 10/00!Clear Corners, Manik Stainless Steel 1-piece brush guard, Custom CB wiring, Uniden PC76-XLW CB radio with K-40 Magna-Mount antenna (for now), 1 set of 165 watt KC Daylighters (for now... more on the way) Custom switch mounting plate and overhead console, Bully Stainless Steel Trailer hitch drawbarw/ 2" stainless steel ball.
List of planned mods: Clear tails, torsion bar tweak, bug deflector, spray in liner, and a tonneau of some sort...

93 Probe GT teal, OE rims painted to match, bone stock drivetrain.

Old 03-14-2001, 08:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Oh, and one more thing... welcome to the board.

-Joe-

Old 03-14-2001, 08:13 PM
im sure its a switch u got it working on the up posistion
and door panels are real easy to take off now a days

Old 03-15-2001, 08:55 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GIJoeCam:
Could be a few things, but we need more info... does the passenger side switch work? If so, I'd guess it's the driver's side switch... that's the one that gets rained on/snowed on/spilled on the most, and therefore will generally fail first. Try the passenger side switch and see if it works.

It's also possible it's a mechanical problem.... motor could be bad, regulator could be jamming, one of the guide brackets could be loose, etc, but try the switch first (always eliminate the obvious before tearing the door apart).

Let us know what you find.

-Joe-

</font>
Thanks for the suggestions. The passenger side switch works. As dusty as the "door ajar" switches were I am thinkin that might have caused part of the trouble. Can I order the parts and replace them myself ?

Trending Topics

Old 03-19-2001, 09:10 AM
Wink

My window wouldn't roll down either. The problem was actually the black weather trim being bad (so I was told). They replaced and the window rolls down just fine.

------------------
'99 Ford F-150 Lariat 4WD, SCab, 5.4L
* Superchip
* K&N FIPK GEN II
'99 Chrysler 300M, 3.5L
* Borla Cat-Bak
* K&N Filtercharger
www.atlantagamerz.com
www.f150online.com
www.300mclub.org

Quick Reply: Power Window Trouble