Wind noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2001, 11:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Wind noise

I own a 2000 Supercab 4x4 and I am having a problem with wind noise coming from the passengers door when I'm on the highway. Has anyone seen this? I did have to take the pass door back to the dealer because it was hard to open and they reset the hinges or something. I thought that by fixing that problem it might solve the wind noise problem but it didn't? Any clue?

Old 02-02-2001, 02:29 PM
Take it back. I had a '97 that had horrible wind noise coming from the passenger side.

Dealer replaced the seals around the doors/frame. Worked like a charm.

BTW, some wind noise is normal. After all, it's a truck. In your case, if one side is noisier than the other by a large amount, then there is definitely something wrong. What I'm saying is, don't let the dealer tell you it's "normal."

Old 02-10-2001, 11:03 PM
Red face

Same problem here on my 2001 XLT Super Cab, Flairside. The noise isn't that bad, so i'll just live with it for now.

Old 02-12-2001, 06:20 PM
Lightbulb

I noticed a "whistle" last summer coming from the passanger side that would disappear whenever the dog stuck his nose in the gap between the mirror and door. Seems that wind flowing through there was causing the "whistle". Not there all the time, but if it becomes too much I might get something in there to mix up the flow a little. Some tape over the seam line of the mirror might take care of it.

Seve

Quick Reply: Wind noise