Leaking rear window

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2000, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Leaking rear window

I was just wondering if anyone out there was having the same problem as me -- my rear window on a 1997 Ford F150 is leaking...enough where dew in the morning will begin to drip onto the back seats! If anyone has had this problem, what did you use to seal the window?

Thanks!

Old 11-27-2000, 11:25 AM
Lightbulb

Welcome!
Just about every one of them leaks. If you've got any warranty they'll replace the window (the window frame cracks on the passenger side). I got mine pulled out and resealed a couple months ago, but it started leaking this weekend at that crack. I think the only fix is to replace the window with the newer model, or a window without the slider.

------------------
'97 F-150 Lariat SuperCab 4X4
  • White/Silver, 4.6L, Auto.
  • Tinted Windows/Bedmat/Toolbox/Lund Bug Deflector/Ventvisors/Extra Horns
  • 265/75/16 BFGoodrich on polished 16x8 AR-136's
  • Cat-back Dual Exhaust (Straight pipes with big chrome tips)
  • Polar Bear Grille Guard
  • Cranked Torsion Bars for 1" Lift

Old 11-27-2000, 05:26 PM
Big jws,

This is a known issue until about the mid 1999 model year. I had the same thing done as Flatlander until their reseal fix failed then they replaced the whole unit with the redesigned one.

The factory warranty may be the key on this one if it's still valid. If not, you can talk to your service manager about it, they may still replace it for you. I had no hassle at all about getting the replacement done.

The new units seem to be tighter than a bull's *** and don't leak at all. Good luck.

------------------
Dunbarton "The Middle Aged Kid" '99 XLT SC SB 4x2 4.6 auto 3.55 ls The occasional Z-71 Eater! Wedgewood & Denim, SuperChipped, Airaid FIPK, HD electrical and cooling, power seat, Rhino Liner, Extang Classic tonneau cover, Mobil 1. Man, I got it all! (New Jersey)

Quick Reply: Leaking rear window