Dissapointed With Ford "Make Ready" Department...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2000, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Dissapointed With Ford "Make Ready" Department...

I've had my 2001 Screw for two weeks now and had it out in the rain for the first time yesterday. Up until now I figured the paint and black plastic trim was dull looking due to dust, but after the rain noticed that there was NO beading of the water on the paint and after the water dried the black exterior plastic parts were just as dull as my 5 year old F150 I had traded in. Granted, the truck was shiny when I bought it but there must not be any decent wax on it at all. How far ahead of time are these units made and let set in the sun? Ford used to use a really heavy wax that would bead up water for almost a year. Anyone else notice this???...Michael

------------------
Michael

Old 11-21-2000, 04:33 PM
Angry

Michael, I'm with you. I remember vividly previous trucks/cars I purchased new were coated with a hard wax substance as part of the dealer prep you paid for. Now days I guess they don't do it anymore but still charge the fee!!! I cleaned and waxed mine within a fews days of purchase. The acid rain and bird crap had not had a chance to do it's damage. Nice bead and shine now.

------------------
2000 Flareside SC w/upgraded Lariat pkg, 4x4, towing pkg, all power including rear window, Oxford w/gray leather,5.4 w/3:55,K&N and looking to go to Flowmaster Sport Truck exhaust and Hellwig bars.

Old 11-21-2000, 06:16 PM
Cool

I thought the dealers were susposed to wax all dark colored vehicles. I know mine was, it had that odd swirl/shine that regular wax has. It beaded up too. I stripped it with Dawn and there was no beading at all. Then I did Zaino on it. Much better, looks like a mirror, no distortion from the wax. I need to get another coat on before winter.

They even hand washed it and shined up the tires before delivery. I really can't complain. Too bad about your dealer.

------------------
2000 F150 XLT 4x4 Short Bed. Amazon Green, 5.4L, SuperCab, ORP, Tow Package, Sliding Rear Window, Electronic Shift, Keyless Entry, LT265-70-17 Tires, Clarion Pro Audio, Herculiner Bedliner, Air Silencer Removed.

1994 SVT Mustang Cobra. #1032 of 6009. Black coupe with black leather int., 3.73 rear, Bassani Exhaust, Aluminum D/S, Bridgestone RE-71 255-45-ZR17

My Home Page

Old 11-21-2000, 07:33 PM
Talking

2000 F-150...Don't get me wrong, the truck was clean and well prepped, I could even see a few places the white dried wax wasn't buffed off. I just can't believe it's not even a good enough product to bead up the water on the first rain. Also the black hard plastic trim was not the usual black. Today I started from scratch...washed, waxed and used the Mother's "Back To Black" on the trim. Now we've got a beautiful F-150!!!!!
My Old Car Web Site... http://home.swbell.net/mpawelek/index.html

------------------
1931 Ford Model A Sedan
1924 Ford Model T Coupe
1919 Ford Model T Touring
1899 Leggett Horseless Carriage

Old 11-23-2000, 11:15 AM
Thumbs up

I prefer my vehicle to be as "untouched" as possible. Mine was; I prefer to give it my own "special" care. I have never had a new car/truck/cycle prepared to my standards, at any price range. The only thing they touched during the check out was the brake fluid; this was obvious. Spilled under the hood, smeared on the shifter, + grease on the dashboard. LOL

------------------
2000 F-150 XL, RC, LB, 5.4L, 4R70W, 3.55LS,
Class III tow, Payload #3, & Convenience pkgs.,
4-wheel disc/ABS, Chestnut/Parchment 40/60,
Ford bedliner w/Paintsaver & gas/wheel/spare locks,
Mobil 1, K&N oil filter, K&N F.I.P.K., Superchip,
Dynomax ultra-flow welded 3" cat-back w/ 3" Y-pipe,
Hellwig front & rear anti-sway bars, Rancho RS 9000s.

Old 11-23-2000, 01:31 PM
gah
Red face

max,
I'm with you on this one. Every time I buy a new vehicle I spend at least half a day detailing it. As you mentioned, you find oily paw prints in places you'd never expect. I took my F-150 in for wheel alignment and I got it back with oil on the door, seatbelt, and seat (that's why I always get leather)... f**king morons. Another thing, when you buy a new vehicle they always have this idiot who is supposed to "explain" how everything works. I've never met one yet that new sh*t from sugar!! All I want to do is get home and play with my new toy whereas this idiot is trying to explain to me how my new truck is designed to run on four cylinders in OD to save gas on the freeway!! Sorry to go on but like you said
I have never had a new car/truck/cycle prepared to my standards, at any price range

------------------
'00 5.4L 4X4 Lariat (Black/Silver)
'99 Ranger 4.0L 4X4 XLT

[This message has been edited by gah (edited 11-24-2000).]

Old 11-23-2000, 10:21 PM
Thumbs up

gah- true, true !! I forgot the "explanation" guy; I was made aware that there are these dip stick thingys????

Quick Reply: Dissapointed With Ford "Make Ready" Department...