cleaner and wax

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2000, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question cleaner and wax

just got a newer f-150 and like to keep it looking good any suggestions on products suchas wax rainx and such

Old 09-24-2000, 04:25 PM
Cool

If you have hard water in your area use the rainx very good at keeping water spots off.zymol,the best wax I have used yet,tried maguiers and mothers good, but zymol best.

------------------
------------------------- 99 SILVER XLT/REG.CAB/4.2/5SPD/3.55/K&N/Dynomax Super Turbo/Westin Black Nerfs/SuperChip/Hellwig Rear Swaybar/Energy Suspension Front Swaybar Bushings and Endlinks/Trenz Billet Antenna

Old 09-25-2000, 09:06 AM
I just got some of the Zymol products myself but have yet to try them. I got them from their web page.

------------------
2001 F150 SuperCrew Lariat
Oxford White/Harvest Gold
5.4 V8
SunRoof
Towpackage

Mods:
10 Spoke 17" Rims (XLT Rims)
Future mods:
ICI SS nerf bars
Lund Bug deflector
Retrax Rolltop bed cover
BedRug bed liner
Continnental Mud flaps w/ SS inserts

Old 10-14-2000, 10:41 PM
Zymol is a very good wax. The only thing that I dont care for about it is the oily residue it leave on the paint that you can only see from certain angles. Any Idea how to remove all the streaks?

Old 10-15-2000, 10:50 AM
I've had my F150 for over 4 years now and habitually keep it clean and shiny. I've used several different product and recently found a product that made quite a difference as it applies to slick, shiny and subsequent ease of cleaning again. Mequires makes a product called Clear Coat Body Scrub. I applied this with an orbital buffer, then removed by hand, then applied a good wax via buffer. I use Eagle One clear coat polish or Mequires Carnuba Wax. There's a mixed opinion on the need to wax a clear coat but it sure doesn't hurt it IMHO. Anyway, this system has produced the slickest, deepest, shiniest cleaning I have had in these 4 years. When the vehicle needs washing next, you'll be amazed at how slick it is and how easy road grim comes off. Always finish up a washing with a chamios.

------------------
Very Bright RED '97 F150XLT, SC, flareside,4x2,ARE lid, tints, 4x4 front bumper w/fogs, shield, 2" rear drop, slash duals, Pipeline Nerfs, K&N, Clarion, Fosgate, Soundstream and more....

Old 10-17-2000, 05:08 PM
Thumbs up

I like Meguiar's products. They seem to do a really nice job. You might want to invest in an orbital buffer too. Makes polishing your truck a lot easier and faster!

Old 10-17-2000, 06:11 PM
franks&beans
Cool

http://www.zainobros.com/

I will NEVER go back

------------------
1998 (50th anniversary series) Solid Pacific Green Metallic F-150 XLT Supercab, 4.2L, Automatic (4R70W), 2WD, Limited Slip, 8.8 axle, Tow Pkg, 6' bed, Rear slider

Accessories added:

Performance:
Superchip / 4.10 gears / K&N air filter / Outerwear’s pre-filter / Ravin Z-55 muffler signal 3" in, dual 2.25" out

Suspension:
Edelbrock IAS shocks / Hellwig rear sway bar

Other accessories "added":
Color keyed outer grill / Perfect-fit bra / Stull polished grills / (4) 3A Racing 55 watt driving lights / (2) **** Cepek 150 watt driving lights, all controlled by SPDT switches / Clear corners / Fiberglass hood / Chrome F-150 emblems w/ side indicator markers / Trenz billet antenna / Power mirrors / Custom painted mirror housings / Muth signal mirrors / Driver side grab handle / White face gauges / Lloyd custom colored and embroidered floor mats Husky floor liners / B-Quiet sound deadener / Carr side steps / 3" rear seat lift / Black Max soft tonneau cover / Black Max cargo cleats / 3" body lift / OEM Chrome differential cover / Smart Park 2000 / (2) Lighted Ford logos / (2) KC HiLight 55 watt back-up lights / Viper 550 alarm (remote start) / OEM fender flares / Lift lips / BFG AT's 265/75/16 tires / (Custom painted OEM air dam, antenna cover, tailgate handle, slotted taillight covers, all plastic covers under the hood, and stone guards) / 23 tooth speed-O gear.......

Stereo:
still building......

Boston ProSeries 6.5" / Competitor 10" Subwoofer / Stock head unit with 6 CD changer.

Contact me at;
lmaox10@hotmail.com

Trending Topics

Old 10-21-2000, 08:56 PM
Black Dawg,
I've been using the Zymol for about a year now and really like it except for the streaking you're talking about. The instructions say something like "For best results...remove wax before it dries with a soft cloth.." Got my new Supercrew 10/13 and was waxing it yesterday (10/20)and had to stop for a couple minutes to answer the phone; when I came back out to clean off the wax it was a little drier than usual, but after wiping it off that was the only spot without the streaking you talk about. On the rest of the truck I let the wax get just a little drier before removing it and there were a lot less streaks. You might try this and see if it works for you. After I finish this bottle of Zymol I think I'm going to try some "Zaino" everybodys crazy about.
By the way, if anyone's looking for it, Wal-Mart sells the Zymol for about $13 a bottle.

Old 10-30-2000, 10:47 AM
I'm a big fan of Zymol as well. I tried the Meguires gold class when I first bought the truck. It works well but It doesn't last near as long as Zymol IMHO. I get the streaks too. I don't really worry about it since it comes off after the next wash.

Bought an orgital buffer yesterday. Holy Crap. I was done in a quarter of the time it usually takes me.

------------------
1998 F150 XLT, extended cab 3 door,Pacific Green, towing package, 4.6L V8, 3.55 LS,

Performance Mods
SUPERCHIP, K&N FIPK, Dual Exhaust (18" glasspack), Bosh Platinum +4 spark plugs

Apearance Mods
Lund deflector, Profile Windstream side window air deflectors, Prostripe silver multistripe, Diamond Plate Toolbox, Diamond Blue(HID) simulator Fog Lights, High output headlights (80watt low/ 100watt high)

Electronic Mods
Whistler Radar Dectector, Uniden Police Scanner, 29WX-ST Cobra CB Radio, with a Texas Star 100watt modulator and a Wilson 2000 Trucker antenna. A Clarion Security System with Keyless Entry,

Audio Mods
Kenwood KDC-6011 CD player/changer control head unit.
JL 10" sub-woofer
Fultron "Depth Charge" amp 200w max.
4, TR570-CX JL Audio Coaxial Speakers (factory location)

Come see my truck and my grandfather's truck at http://www.geocities.com/vienna/strasse/1992

Old 11-08-2000, 12:06 AM
Eagle 1 or Meguiar's are the best I've used so far.

------------------
2000 Ford F-150 Super Cab Flareside 4x4 Lariat Black/Silver, 5.4L, 3.55LS, Off-Road, Class III, Installed accessories included so far are: Lund X-Terminator bug shield, Vent Shade Vent Visors, GTS headlight blackouts, Westin Black nerf bars, more to come soon... visit http://www.bmgsite.com and http://www.isurfwebdesign.com and http://www.bmgsite.com/truck for truck pics.

Quick Reply: cleaner and wax