overspray

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2000, 07:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question overspray

My new 2000 XLT in Amazon Green got hit with white paint overspray at work the other day. I used the clay bar and it took the overspray off the chrome and painted surfaces. Any suggestions on how to clean off the black plastic trim? Also any suggestions on a wax for this color truck? Thanks.

Old 08-27-2000, 04:58 PM
Cool

I had some paint corrected under warranty on my SuperCrew. They got some overspray on the bumper, nerf bars, chrome wheel, plastic molding around back window, and gas cap. All cleaned off with some paint thinner. Just remember to wash off with soap and water afterwards so that thinner does not seat in plastic. Also, use a fine steel wool pad which helps.

Old 08-30-2000, 09:16 AM
Smile

Thanks, I'll give it a try. If I wash it off right away with soap and water the paint thinner won't hatm the black plastic?

Old 09-01-2000, 10:00 AM
Thumbs up

OK guys!

Combine a 50/50 mix of "Nail Polish Remover" and "water" in a bowl, use a clean rag to apply. This combination is used by most body shops and detail shop to remove tar, tree sap, overspray, glue and many other paint contaminants.

This 50/50 mixure WILL NOT harm clearcoats, plastics or paints...just ensure that the nail polish remover is mixed at 50/50 with the water.

This is a well kept secret by the body and details shops...try it out and you will be shocked!!

Treat you truck afterwards with a nice polish!!

JR

Quick Reply: overspray