Clear coat restorer???

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 09:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Clear coat restorer???

Okay, so pollen season is over and i decided to wash the truck. Anyway, i noticed when i was washing the hood, my clear coat wasnt there in some spots. I will admit i left some pollin on there and didnt wash the truck. Is there anything I can do without having to take it to a body shop??? Im really pissed about it

any help will be greatly appreciated!

Old 05-01-2010, 02:39 PM
The only clear coat restorer is a paint job. It's paint. There's only one way it gets there.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:12 PM
what about that scratch remover that billy mayes was endorsing before he died?

Old 05-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You say your clear coat is gone. Without pictures, I have trouble believing it's actually gone. There are a number of ways this can happen, but it's pretty tough to just have it disappear. So, any chance you can post pics?

Second, if it is actually gone, yes, it's true that the only way to replace it is to re-paint (re-clear coat) the area. Again, I'd suggest that you determine if it's actually gone first.

Finally, nothing Billy Mays sells (sold) is worth a crap - period. There is no miracle cure. Just ask Billy - um, if you could. He apparently missed a miracle cure himself.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:53 PM
No.

Have you tried the little paint pens? Fill in the chips with a toothpick to try to make is as smooth as possible. It won't be perfect, but hopefully it'll be less noticeable. I think they also have the pens with just clear, so maybe try that?

Quick Reply: Clear coat restorer???