Want your black plastic to look NEW????

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 01:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about residue on the rubber window trim pieces?

Old 02-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dsq3973
Never ever use any type of wax on unpainted plastic you are only asking for problems and lots of headaches getting it off of the plastic. Timmy I would go get a bottle of Quick Detailer and a tooth brush and have at your black bumper I have had really good luck getting wax residue off of plastics with that method.
thanks. mmight do that....after the snow is gone. i cant tell if it looks bad right now. everything is covered with salt dust.

Originally Posted by dsq3973
Because Turtle Wax advertises that you can use their ICE product on plastics with out residue and people do it not knowing any better.
x2 it does work nice on the smoothe plastics. like the weatherstripping for your windows and the ventshades and bug shields. makes them look nice. stay away fromt eh rough stuff. and i also have the ICE interior stuff. does the same thig as armor all but without getting blinded by your dashboard on a sunny day. i have had no problems with the interior stuff.

Originally Posted by glc
Quote:Originally Posted by ELVATO Black Wow is made by Black Wow. Ultimate Protectant is Meguiars. Ultimate Protectant runs if you use it on hard plastic but it looks absolutely fantastic on my soft tonneau cover.

Timmy, there is only one thing that Back to Black will do well, and that's remove wax from plastic. Use it with an old toothbrush. Finish up with detailing spray to remove the Back to Black or it's just going to run and look like crap.
thanks

Originally Posted by sanndnsurf
What about residue on the rubber window trim pieces?
ICE didnt leave any on mine. just the rough stuff like the bumper. the smoothe plastic turned out fine.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:50 PM
also on a similar note. for interiors i have found something that takes most stains out. it is called ORANGE BLAST. it is a degreaser/cleaner. when i had my firebird the family before had kids so there were crayon marks on the plastic and carpet had stains. this method took ALL of them out except 1. i remember there were 8 stains but cannot remember exactly what they were. and the one that didnt come up looked like it may have been a little acidic where it actually wore down or ate the carpet. but orange blast and armor all protectant wipes.
spray with orange blast and scrub with the protectant wipe. the cleaning wipes dont work but the protectant ones do for some reason.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:22 PM
ya they use that orange stuff at the car wash I work at for the detail shop works good

Old 02-19-2010, 04:49 PM
My vote goes to http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/srn-b.html
and http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/m4016.html for protecting the plastic after washes. I have read good things about black wow, but it makes the plastic a little slick. Oh ya, for rubber seals use http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einszett-...are-stick.html

Old 02-22-2010, 10:58 PM
ive never had my back to black run when it rained are you removing the access after you apply it or just applying it and leave it?

Old 02-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by cotedog03
to get that wax off of plastic I used a big eraser, like the ones we used in elementary school. Worked really well on the bed rails and wiper cowl to get the old residue off.
thanks i might try that. and everyone saying PTM, i dont want a DSG bumper. if i were to paint it, it would still be black along with my grille. i think making the front grey would mess up the look of my headlights. donno, just wouldnt do it. only way i would have a DSG bumper would be if it came that way.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by SoCalF150FX4
Krylon Fusion is what I used, zero maintenance.

Thats what I did! Paint once and its over!

Old 03-17-2010, 02:53 PM
here is the other side that i said was worse...

Old 03-17-2010, 02:57 PM
if someone has the time and skill, could someone photoshop my black bumper to DSG? just wanna see what it would look like with my headlights. if you could do 1 pic with just the bumper, and another with bumper and grill bars, leave the mesh part of the grill black please and thank you. i would have posted in the photoshop thread but there are so many people in there that when my pics did get done i would have to spend an hour looking for my pics when they are done. thanks

Old 03-17-2010, 08:36 PM
303 it the best.

Quick Reply: Want your black plastic to look NEW????