Wash after driving cross county..

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 03:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wash after driving cross county..

So I've driven 1700+ miles in the last 3 weeks. Needless to say my truck is pretty gross. The front wheels are COMPLETELY brown and there's about 672183127 dead bugs all over the front.

I cannot wait to get the time to give a full detail. I ran it though the touchless carwash tonight. While it looks clean, the paint is no where near as smooth as before I left. It'll definitely be getting clayed, scratch-X'd, glazed and a couple coats of wax.

no questions just wanted to share. I hate not being able to keep my truck spotless.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel you

My gf thought I was crazy when we last drove up from down south that I wanted to stop to at least hose it off and run it through a touchless at some point. We got home and when I went to do a good wash there were these huge thick-headed Georgia mutant bugs clinging to the front, suckers so big when I flicked them off my paint you could hear them slap the ground. Wasn't just worried about them burning into the paint but they were big and heavy enough they could have chipped it.

Quick Reply: Wash after driving cross county..