motorcycle

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't pressure wash anything. Don't put any tire dressings on. Don't use any vinyl cleaners or protectants that leave a residue on the seat, hand grips etc. I just use the same soap I use for washing the bike.

The Honda Pro Spray Cleaner is good stuff for between washes.

As far as washing goes, around the controls, speedo, tach, ignition switch, I turn the spray nozzle to mist.

If you are a new motorcycle owner, take time to educate yourself on routine maintenance as well. It is very important on bike. Tires are very sensitive to small changes in pressure. If you have a chain, lube it properly. Etc.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by bmw4422
picking up a new bike.
should i treat it any different when detailing it b/c of all the plastic fairings.
do you still clay it? what about the seat? and is there anything i need to pay close attention to w/ the water.
ive got alot of the "popular" polishes and waxes as i have been persuaded on here over the last 2 years.
Presoak with a precleaner spray (honda spray or under several other names)
I do one half the bike with the cleaner spray, and hose off real well. That cleaner will dry white so you can never rinse off too much.
Then, best tip ever for MC cleaning...I use my electric leaf blower to blow the water out of tight spots and to dry the entire bike. Final wipe afterwards.

I use Saddlesoap on my leather seat...works ok on vinyl seats as well.
I've clayed my tins and painted plastic before, works fine.
I typically will use dressing on all the black hoses and lines and will use it on the tire sidewalls also. It's fine on tires assuming you take care not to rub on the contact area.

Michigan winters suck, is it spring yet!?!?!?!?

Old 03-16-2010, 09:36 AM
I have used Pledge, yes the furniture polish since my bike was new. Guess what it still looks new. I use it on paint,plastic and of course the chrome.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use Zaino Bros. show car polish on my Harley. From the looks of it, you would never know it has 70,000 miles on it. It is easy to use and it leaves a shine a mile deep!!

Old 03-24-2010, 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by TazzRider
\I use my electric leaf blower to blow the water out of tight spots and to dry the entire bike. Final wipe afterwards.
I do the same thing. For my bike I got this Meg detailing kit made just for bikes, it has about 6 or 7 different things in it and it works extremly well.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:09 PM
I've always used Maxima Spray N Shine. Works excellent. You can also use Maxima Cleanup for wheels, forks and engine areas.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
s100 spray on cleaner is fantastic, straight pure carnuba wax is the way to go, also harleys spray on shine is excellent, no problem on paint or chrome. Waxing the chrome helps but can be a bit time consuming. I don't pressure wash my bike but I have never had any issues with a normal garden hose. Also buy a dryer or a leaf blower and dry the bike every single time you wash it.

Last edited by LTMARK; 04-04-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by williamj
I have used Pledge, yes the furniture polish since my bike was new. Guess what it still looks new. I use it on paint,plastic and of course the chrome.
+1 for Pledge ... be forwarned though: the wife will get pissed if you dont have your own stash and bees will buzz you if you use lemon ... ask me how I know I havent found the unscented or whatever version but momma's got on her shopping list!

Quick Reply: motorcycle