Scratch X is the ticket

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 08:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scratch X is the ticket

I have been hearing on here about how good the Scratch X 2.0 is. I got some and decided to try it out last night after work. WOW! This stuff works fantastic!!

Very easy to apply and use and really does the trick on most scratches. If it doesn't totally remove them it makes them FAR, FAR less significant. I may even hit some spots again.

Applied a coat of Megs liquid Gold Class wax over the spots. Good to go. There is no reason NOT to repair scratches with this stuff.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:03 AM
You apply it by hand or use a DA?

Old 07-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Is it a clear coat that reapplies the clear coat over the paint for a scratch or is it paint that will fill in a scratch? if its paint then does can you get it color matched?
put a deep scratch in the driver door of my truck about 8-10 yrs ago when my dad had it and never got around to fixing it since it took most of the paint off.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:21 AM
I used a square of micro fiber cloth by hand as recommended on here.

It is a super fine abrasive compound that can blend away the scratches. Then you have to put a coat of wax over the area for protection.

One scratch that was pretty bad... I did it twice then wax. It was not gone but GREATLY diminished to the point you have to get very close to even notice.

I would say on bad ones use a polisher some and it will go away totally.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by GTRider245
You apply it by hand or use a DA?
If I'm not mistaken Scratch X 2.0 is DA safe but the first Scratch X is not DA safe.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:59 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Originally Posted by thejake1989
Is it a clear coat that reapplies the clear coat over the paint for a scratch or is it paint that will fill in a scratch? if its paint then does can you get it color matched?
put a deep scratch in the driver door of my truck about 8-10 yrs ago when my dad had it and never got around to fixing it since it took most of the paint off.
Neither. It's like a rubbing compound.

Quick Reply: Scratch X is the ticket