Flex and Flex kits on sale!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 05:33 PM
esf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flex and Flex kits on sale!

Car Care Depot is having a sale on the Flex 3401. Not sure on the kit but the buffer-only deal is going on til midnight July 5.

Kit

Buffer Only

*The kit includes the original Poorboy's SSR1 and not the new reformulated SSR1.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:42 PM
How does it compare to a PC?

Old 06-29-2009, 07:58 PM
man that stuff is expensive!!!

Old 06-29-2009, 08:02 PM
esf
The Flex has more power and won't stall out like a DA under pressure. I forget what the specs are on it. If I had to put it in a place I would put it between a DA and a Rotary. I don't own one but it should be more user friendly than a Rotary, similar to that of the DAs. Most people who have them really like them.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:04 PM
esf
Originally Posted by miamiheat55
man that stuff is expensive!!!
The Flex is on the expensive side as far as buffers go but that is a good price.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by esf
The Flex has more power and won't stall out like a DA under pressure. I forget what the specs are on it. If I had to put it in a place I would put it between a DA and a Rotary. I don't own one but it should be more user friendly than a Rotary, similar to that of the DAs. Most people who have them really like them.
I saw PC has a newer model with a more powerful motor behind it.

http://www.deltaportercable.com/Prod...roductID=21436

another .5 amps than the other PC.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:39 AM
I have a comparison chart, but I took it down when the new PC model came out and the information around it was ever-changing.

This is the best deal you will ever find on a FLEX. I've seen used ones going for the same price (if not more). Normally they are $299+. You are paying for quality construction and performance. You'll spend less time polishing with a FLEX compared to the PC, and have the ability to remove more swirl marks/scratches. It creates less heat than a rotary and is very safe to use, there are a ton of tutorials on youtube. Its the best random orbital buffer on the market, and if you need anymore correction power you will have to go with a rotary.

This is only going on until July 5th and while supplies last. Check out the rest of the site in OP's links for other great products like Bilt-Hamber Auto-Balm, Poorboy's World Products, and Migliore Products.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:55 PM
wow, big difference in RPM and motor amps.

what is "forced rotation"?

Old 06-30-2009, 07:34 PM
esf
A DA like the PC and the Meg's G110 will stall out and stop spinning under enough pressure. The Flex will not. The flex will continue to spin under pressure but may slow down to 480 rpms.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Makina
wow, big difference in RPM and motor amps.

what is "forced rotation"?
This is a serious tool and I love the results each time I use it.

Forced Rotation is just the term describing how the machine will always move in the orbital motion. Lesser powered machines more or less "jiggle" and can stall out when pressure is applied.

I was thinking of it earlier. I have a large frame snow thrower because I have a long driveway. The sucker has over 13 ft lbs and gets the driveway done in no time. So why did I spend twice as much on that snow thrower than just going down to home depot and getting something with 5 ft lbs? I liked the great results that took a fraction of the time. I also wanted something built with quality that would last me a long time.

Same thing with the FLEX.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:50 PM
Good information. How about one of these for a beginner though?
I like the idea of buying a machine that will take care of my needs for quite a while. But I also dont want to damage anything.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:01 PM
esf
If RR drops in, you can ask him about it. He has the PC and the Flex, as well as a Dewalt rotary however I don't know how much he's used it on paint.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by mntnbike1
Good information. How about one of these for a beginner though?
I like the idea of buying a machine that will take care of my needs for quite a while. But I also dont want to damage anything.
Very easy to use. If you stick with lesser abrasive and compounds you practically have to try to do damage for anything to happen. If you keep the speeds down and slowly work into it and really go far with it. I've never used a PC, only a FLEX - but I've heard the PC's vibrate quite a bit and it makes your hands hurt during a long polishing job. The FLEX is really not that bad.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:32 PM
How about the products in the kit? I guess those are all Poor Boys products? Yeah, Im about as green as they get. But would you guys recommend these over say Meguiars or Optimum? Im sure alot of it is preference, but I think I read that some are easier to use than others. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Yes - the kit is all PB products. They are easy to use and give great results. There are other products out there and I do carry more than PB. Really it comes down to working with what is comfortable to you and a lot of trial and error. The kit will get you deep into it and allow you to fine tune your polishing/detailing setup, and you can add/subtract steps from there. The kit is focusing on polishing and not as much for washing/claying/sealing/waxing - so there is more room for trying other products that you are familiar with.

Quick Reply: Flex and Flex kits on sale!