Recommendations polisher/ products

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 01:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommendations polisher/ products

Im new to most of this and I think Im ready for the next step. Ive started washing my truck properly and using some Megs products. I have to say Im quite impressed. They work well and smell dang good too! But now I need a machine of some sort and some good products. It sounds like the new PC might be a good choice. I have usually bought from Rick at ADS, but I am wondering if some of these package deals might be the way to go. Auto geek has a few, but what would you guys recommend? My truck is 2 years old with some swirls and scratches I need to remove. But I will be using it for some older things also. Any advice is appreciated.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:22 AM
I recommend the G110 for starters. I bought mine from Rick at ADS. Be sure to purchase at least two polishing and finishing pads.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:48 AM
I have a G110 with about 40 hours of trouble free use. It's stronger than the G100 and the 7424. There were some quality issues when they first came out but I have no complaints as of yet and have been using my regulary since March 09 on several vehicles. AutoGeek has a decent kit price of $139.99

I recommend Optimum products for ease of use and long working times.
Poli-Seal is the best cleaner, polish, sealer you can buy with no powder residue.
ONR (No Rinse Wash) is a no rinse wash that is better than any soap if the vehicle is not muddy dirty (caked). You just wash/wipe on and blot dry.
Opti-Seal is a 1 step polymer wax that you wipe on and let dry. No buffing required.
Compound II is a very good compound/polish with an almost indefinite working time with NO powder residue.
Hyper Compound is an aggressive compound with an almost indefinite working time with NO powder residue.

LSP's
NXT 2.0
Any DoDo waxes.

QD's
ONR diluted 8oz per gallon
Megs UQD

Rubber Trim
Black Wow

Old 06-25-2009, 01:51 AM
Thanks for the advice on the optimum products, Ill check them out. It sounds like the 7424xp is supposed to be a stronger polisher than the regular. I was reading some other threads and a few people mentioned a flex also I believe. They are more expensive but possibly worth the extra. Anyone have experience with all of these?

Last edited by mntnbike1; 06-25-2009 at 01:57 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by mntnbike1
Thanks for the advice on the optimum products, Ill check them out. It sounds like the 7424xp is supposed to be a stronger polisher than the regular. I was reading some other threads and a few people mentioned a flex also I believe. They are more expensive but possibly worth the extra. Anyone have experience with all of these?
I just bought a 7424XP from Rick at ADS. It isn't in yet. I found his deal to be better than Autogeek. For the $170 package deal at Autogeek, you would get 4 pads, for the same 170 at ADS I got 7 pads. I suggest comparing carefully. The XP works out to be a little more power and speed than the others, but it is a new machine so it has no qualoity track record yet.

Just my 2 cents in a sea of pennies.

Quick Reply: Recommendations polisher/ products