Favorite buffer and polish???

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Favorite buffer and polish???

What are your favorite buffers and polishes to use?

I have a friend with an older black mustang that has fine swirl marks all over it and he would like me to try to remove them. I am pretty good with hand waxing, clay baring, and detail stuff. Just wondering what you guys like, particularly polishes. I don't want something that is really aggressive.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:30 AM
Flex w/ M105 on a Meg's yellow pad. Still haven't used M205, which is supposed to be less aggressive.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:56 AM
For light swirl on black get a D/A G100/ G110 and a polishing pad. M105 has to much cut for very light swirls. M205 would be a better choice (imo) or other polishes of your choice. Poorboys makes some decent products that are easy to apply and remove.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:23 AM
Depends on what kind of paint you are working on as well as the condition of the paint. I have two vehicles this spring that I have on the schedule both of them are black and the condition of the paint is very different on the two vehicles and I wont know what I am going to use until I try a couple different pad and polish combos to see what works best on that vehicle. What I am trying to say is what works on one vehicle will not always work on another and remember you want to use the least agressive route. Basicly you wouldnt use a sledge hammer to drive a finish nail would you?

Last edited by dsq3973; 02-27-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:00 AM
esf
Are you looking for a machine just to use on one friends vehicle?

I'd get a PC7427. The money you save over the flex can be used to buy pads for it. And speaking of pads, if you get a 7424, get a small backing plate so you can use 4" pads. It's easier on the machine and you'll get better results. As for polishes, there are so many. And like dsq3973 said, some polishes work better on certain paints than others do.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by esf
Are you looking for a machine just to use on one friends vehicle?

I'd get a PC7427. The money you save over the flex can be used to buy pads for it. And speaking of pads, if you get a 7424, get a small backing plate so you can use 4" pads. It's easier on the machine and you'll get better results. As for polishes, there are so many. And like dsq3973 said, some polishes work better on certain paints than others do.
My Meguiars DA came with the 5" backing plate and 2 free 6.5 pads and I dont like how the outer edges past the backing plate performs so I ordered a 5.5" pad to try out.
I also bought some moved down to the 3.4" backing plate and use 4" pads in some places and the DA works much better and efficiently around edges and contours.

I find it difficult to keep the DA flat with larger pads around edges and contours of any type.

Quick Reply: Favorite buffer and polish???