Plast-X?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plast-X?

does this stuff really work well on headlights. i have sctaches on the outside lens and wondering if this will take care of them? also, for best results i would have to take lense off and do insides?

Old 11-18-2008, 09:47 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The term 'scratches' is far too loose to really give you a 'yes' or 'no' answer. Sorry.

What I can tell you is that it does a pretty decent job at removing light oxidation and minor scratching - very minor scratching. When utilized with a 'mechanical application process' (ie: rotary and wool), it's a much more powerful product. By hand, plan on it taking a while...

No, you should not have to do the interior of the headlight assembly.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the product is not very abrasive, so as Rock stated- if they are minor scratches or "smudges" on the plastic lens, you can often remove or make them less noticeable.

I have applied by hand on a bug deflector and to be honest, it wasnt impressive. If applied with a rotary, it came out pretty good.

If they are scratches with some depth that you can actually feel, you may need to wet sand first, then follow up with Plast-X and rotary. Or this may be the excuse you were looking for to go purchase those Lightning headlights (j/k)

Old 11-22-2008, 04:08 AM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts

Quick Reply: Plast-X?