What did I do wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What did I do wrong?

Yesterday I broke out the D/A and went to work on my truck.

Here was the process:

Proper wash procedure
Clay bar
Gold Class
#34 Final Inspection

When I rolled the truck out into the sunlight the cobwebs had all but disappeared however, I noticed that there was still a slight "greasy" substance left on the paint which I noticed as slight holograms while walking around the truck. Could this have been left by the #34 or from the #21?

After further research NXT 2.0 is supposed to cure for 12 hours and #21 is very similar to NXT 2.0, correct? If that is the case, I did not wait for the curing process and added the Gold Class right after I did the #21.

What steps should I take to correct this?

Thanks guys!

Old 09-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2 cents

Not waiting for it to cure, assuming you performed the swipe test and it was ready to be removed, shouldn't have affected the other products. All that happens during the cure process, if you will, is that the product molecules get imbedded into the clear coat "permanently" so to speak. So, if you wait for it to cure, let's say for 12 hours, then the next layer of product you apply will not remove some of the previous product applied. If you don't wait the entire cure time, then it's possible to remove some product while you're reapplying.

You may have just not completely removed a product causing the streaks. Try using a QD and seeing what the streaks do. More than likely they will disappear.

Quick Reply: What did I do wrong?