Need help... (pics inside.)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help... (pics inside.)

hey guys. I need some help with what products and pads I should get to fix my truck. here is how she looks.

The scratching you see is some slight scratching from a brush at the car wash (thanks dad). and regular micro maring from washing. the water spots that you see are just from a rain that day. there are some water spots on the truck from the apartment sprinkler system but that is going to be taken care of since i have a garage now.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well Assuming you have a DA....

My first go to try would be a Lake Country CCS Green Heavy Polishing Pad and Meguiar's Speed Glaze #80.

I have had good luck on my truck with #80, except for some straight line scratches I got from brush running down the side of the truck.

I have heard a lot of good things about Meguiar's #105, but I can't speak from experience with it.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:24 PM
I will be ordering my 7424 on monday. so I am just trying to get a an order list together.

right now i have:
microfibers
smooth surface clay kit
hyper dressing
APC

im think that i am going to be going with poorboys.

SSR1
SSR2
EX-P
Blackhole
Natty's blue

I need to figure out what pads i need to compliment these products.

Also, do you guys think i need to throw in some SSR2.5 after looking at those pics?

Old 09-20-2008, 09:53 PM
esf
Some people like 2.5 better than 3 while others feel 2.5 is a waste and 3 is a better option after 2. Take that for what it's worth. Personally, I'd pick up some 2.5 or 3. Atleast one of them. Do yourself a favor and skip the 6.5" pads and get the 4" pads. Pakshak has all of the 4" pads and the 3.5" DA backing plate while a lot of other places only carry a few 4" pads or you have to buy 2 of each pad, which isn't really a bad thing anyway. If you're going with the CCS pads, the white pad is the workhorse and will be used the most. Pick up a few of them. Green is the next most aggresive and good to have. Then orange and then yellow, all of which are nice to have around just incase. For the most part, you'll want to start with a white pad and SSR1 and check the results. Not enough, try SSR2 on the white. Then 2.5 or 3. At that point, if you're still not getting the results you want you can try stepping up to a pad with more cut, IE white, then green, then orange, then yellow. I've used all of them before on one vehicle until I found what worked best on that paint. For EX-P and Blackhole, since they don't contain any abrasives, you'll want a finishing pad. Black should suffice but you can always go to the blue or the red pads as well. Pick up atleast 2 of whatever one you choose because you don't want to be in a situation where you have to clean the pad out to switch to another product, like Blackhole to EX-P.

Ok, so what I'm saying is, if you have the coin, pick up a few white and a couple of each of the other ones as well. If you're trying to keep with a budget, a few white, a couple black, a green and an orange. Get the 4" CCSs and the 3.5" backing plate.

I bought a boat load of the 6.5" pads and while I've head a lot of success with them, I picked up two complete sets of the 4" CCSs plus a couple extra.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Thanks for that input esf.

Quick Reply: Need help... (pics inside.)