I need a little help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need a little help.

I have been reading this forum for about 8months off and on and i just recently joined. Every other question i had i just did the search and found my answers just wanted a little first hand info on this problem. You all got my 2007 blackF350 and 2005 silver F150 swirl free and spotless now just need help with the wheels. I just bought some weld cheyenne 6 and i have some swirls on the wheels and was wondering what to do about it and how to protect them. Thanks

Old 09-11-2008, 11:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you know if the wheels are clearcoated?

If they ARE clearcoated, then you would treat them just like you would paint, clay/polish/protect(wax)

If they are NOT clear coated, then get some good Aluminum polish (I recommend Meguiar's Hot Rims Mag and Aluminum Polish as I have had great success with it), a nice terry towel, and get to buffing.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:07 AM
did they make these clear coated?

Old 09-12-2008, 09:24 AM
I have no clue, don't know much about the wheels (other than I want a set!!). Easy way to test, take some of the metal polish and rub on the wheel, if the polish (and rag for that matter) turn black, the wheel is not clear coated, if it does not turn black, it is clear coated.

Now all of this is assuming they are not chrome. If they are chrome, just pick up some good chrome polish and go to town. (again, recommend Meg's Hot Rims Chrome Polish)

Old 09-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Buy a case of Maker's Mark too... pure Chrome wheels are a MONSTER to maintain (as are most uncoated wheels).

Guitarman is spot on, though. If they're cleared, you'll not see any color on your towel. It won't take much 'rubbing' to really show if they are or not so, don't lay in to them.

Bluegrassman --- you here in the Bluegrass State or just a music fan?

Old 09-12-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Rockpick
Buy a case of Maker's Mark too...
The man has good taste.

Last edited by guitarman502; 09-12-2008 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Wow, my grammer sucks
Old 09-12-2008, 04:44 PM
yep my towel turned black so after i picked up my case of makers mark and share a little with yall whats the best way to keeping them looking new besides wash once a week and not using any type of wheel cleaner how often do you polish?. After i polish the wheels with hot rims mag and aluminum polish do you put a coat of wax on them or is that for coated wheels only. Sorry to ask so many questions i just have never been able to keep my wheels looking good in the past just want these to stay like new

Trending Topics

Old 09-12-2008, 04:46 PM
no im in virginia just love bluegrass even learning to play the banjo but had to stop taking lessons for awhile i will get back on one day

Old 09-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Someone else will have to chime in on how to maintain the wheels.

Quick Reply: I need a little help.