What Pads Do I Need?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Pads Do I Need?

I have the PC 7336 snader/polisher. I do not know what I'll need for detailing my cars and truck. My PC 7336 came with a white foam pad, but I am scared to try this on my car. Can someone point me in the right direction for pads and bonnets. What size pads do I need? Are these the hook and loop type. Any other info I may need? Any help will be appreciated.

Scott

Old 08-31-2008, 09:42 PM
Dont use the white pad it came with. It's junk. Get a 4" backing plate and some 5.5" pads. Lake Country Pads are the most popular and are very good. You can start with 1 orange, 2 white and 1 grey. The larger pads (6.5) bog down the pc and dont work as well. If you have some bad swirls you might need to get a 3" backing plate and a 4" orange pad. Autogeek is a good place to buy from because they carry just about every brand. If you like Meguires then ADS is the place to go.

http://autogeek.net/lakecountry.html

Old 09-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Dont forget the flexible velcro backing plate, too... That's important...

If you're going Meguiars, get 2 yellow and a black (I use the SO!0 pads) or 2 polishing and one finishing. You may need one cutting, but thats up to you...

I'd say you are fine with the 6.5" pads... IF you are patient. I am not, so I tend to get frustrated with them sometimes, but its still done by a lot of people...

Quick Reply: What Pads Do I Need?