Anyone buy supplies at car shows?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 11:17 AM
esf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone buy supplies at car shows?

I was at the All Ford Nationals yesterday in Carlisle, Pa. There were a few companies that came out and set up tents. Adam's was there again with probably the biggest and nicest display as far as detailing supplies. Meguiars had a set up there. Mother's had a tent but I don't think it was an official tent. It wasn't on the showfield like the others and they were selling other things as well, non detailing related. I saw a Busch? stand but didn't really check it out. Anyway, I ask because I've always thought the prices were better at shows. Adam's has good deals, as I bought there $150 detailing bucket last year for $100. But Meguiars didn't have the greatest pricing. And they only really carried A-line, Nxt and Gold class lines. Very few Mirror Glaze stuff and I don't think any Detailer Line. I would think at a car show you'd want to bring out your best. They didn't have any bottles either. However, a couple hundred feet away was a small but decent stand that had Meguiars products at better prices. Very similar to ADS. Picked up a gallon of #34 for $20. Four 2-packs of the hi-tek yellow applicators for $2 each. Two water magnets for $8 each. But they had the G100s out for I beleive $140. They had a bnch of other stuff as well. A lot more of the Mirror Glaze line and Detailer Line at the smaller tent. I didn't need anything else though. I didn't even look for Hyperdressing though. Kind of kicking myself for that one. Oh well.it was 96 degrees out. I wasn't thinking right.

PS - I'm less than impressed with the Water Magnet based on feel. My other WW are much nicer. The Water Magnet will make good grunge WW though.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:42 AM
I like Adams products so I was glad to see them with a tent again this year.

There prices at shows are alot better then ordering online , plus no shipping.

I bought 8 gallons of product, 6 more super plush MF, 2 wash pads, 6 detailing sponges. $231.00 same order online was 486.00 before shipping. If you call the order in you can usually get Justin to take 10% off.

I figured I saved about 250.00 buying at the show.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:36 PM
esf
Last year when I bought from Adam's I talked with Dale. He gave me his card with a discount word on it for checking out that saves me 10%.

Quick Reply: Anyone buy supplies at car shows?