I just removed crome trim, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just removed crome trim, now what?

Like the title says, i just removed the crome trim from around my wheel wells. what do i need to do now?i beleve it came factory with the trim, so that means that paint hasne seen the sun in 7 years... and what do i do about the holes? There under the fender... one i seen looks like it has a little rust... all help appreciated...

Old 05-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Ok... well seeing as i didn'tget any responces, i droped the truck off at a detill shop here in town for a full detill.... $65 didn't seem too bad... right? ill have some more pics up later today.... i made sure he knew what i did and he said he can take care of it... we'll see...

Old 05-24-2008, 01:24 PM
Suspended
Oh boy ... $65 full detail, yikes. Most of us experienced detailers here charge triple digits for full vehicles. The holes are behind the fender right? So it's not visible? I'd just take some spray paint and hit those spots after cleaning up the rust. I also don't think any vehicle has ever came from the factory with that chrome trim. Did you buy it used?

Old 05-24-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Oh boy ... $65 full detail, yikes. Most of us experienced detailers here charge triple digits for full vehicles. The holes are behind the fender right? So it's not visible? I'd just take some spray paint and hit those spots after cleaning up the rust. I also don't think any vehicle has ever came from the factory with that chrome trim. Did you buy it used?
Yes i did buy it used, a little over 2 years ago. there isnt very much fading like i was worried about... and there are 4 holes per wheel idk about spray paint.. ill give it a shot.. i need to scrape away the rust thats there now right... maybe drill the hole 1 size bigger? that seemes the easest.. also how much do you think i could sell the trim for? its prefect no dents, scrapes or anything... i dont want to just throw them away

Old 05-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Suspended
The holes are on the inside of the fender right? If so just sand the rust, than spray it with paint. I really don't think anyone is going to want the trim. I think the garbage can is the best place for them.

Old 05-24-2008, 03:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is now way it came from the factory with that chrome on the wheel wells.

May it was the Speedy Gonzalez Edition.

Quick Reply: I just removed crome trim, now what?