Using Megs #81 Polish.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Using Megs #81 Polish.

I've never used a dedicated polish before, and I have a few questions. I'm going to use Megs#9 swirl remover, the #81 polish, and wax with NXT. Do i use the polish before or after the NXT wax? Is it a wipe on..let haze..wipe off application or what? It came in one of the little applicator bottles, so there are no instructions.

If it matters, is a dark green F-150. The paint is in good shape with just some light swirls from washing.

Cooter

Old 05-20-2008, 11:27 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
#81 is a very simple product to use...

While I will admit that I don't use it very often, I do on occasion... I should use it more often as it is a very overlooked product -- albeit, a very good product.

My perferred method is to work in 'half-panel' areas. Apply in VERY VERY thin coats either by PC or by hand with a foam applicator. Remember, THIN! THIN!

Allow the product to very lightly 'skin' -- this means a very slight drying but not a complete dry. In short, it should still 'smear' when you rub your finger across it but shouldn't really be totally wet. Again, DO NOT let the product dry totally to the paint.

Go slow, get the hang of it on the first try or two. It's not really a finicky product but can be tricky on the first go. I think you'll really like the product... It's one of those products that really doesn't get the kudos that it probably deserves.

Now, about your process....

#9 is more of a concealer product than a swirl removal product. For some, this is 100% a-o-k but, some prefer absolute removal of the swirls. Again, both avenues have their place and time but, it's up to you on which path to move down...

-RP-

Old 05-20-2008, 11:49 PM
Thanks RP. I'll try the #9 and if I'm not pleased, I'll get a little more aggressive.

The website said the #81 polish work very well on dark colors, so I'm looking forward to that. I just told the boss I'm not going to work tomorrow night so I can work on the truck today.

Oh yea, does the wax go on top of the polish or vice versa? Or does it matter?

Last edited by derek7871; 05-20-2008 at 11:52 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Polish goes under the wax.

Quick Reply: Using Megs #81 Polish.