NXT Car Wash & NXT 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NXT Car Wash & NXT 2.0

I finally used Meg's NXT 2.0 this past weekend after claying and polishing with #7. I must say that so far I absolutely love it! And this comes from someone who has only used #26 as my LSP for the past 4 years or so. The NXT 2.0 went on easier and came off easier than the #26.

My question is... should I now be using NXT car wash each time I wash, or am I ok to continue using Gold Class car wash? Does using NXT car wash extend the life of the NXT 2.0 or something?

Old 04-02-2008, 03:28 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
I don't think the NXT wash is designed to "boost" anything - so you might as well keep using the Gold till you run out. I do use NXT Wash and I really like it.

Now, if you want to "extend" the life of the NXT, there's 3 Megs consumer products that may help you here. I'm not going on personal knowledge, just by what I read on the Megs site. NXT Speed Detailer and Ultimate Quik Detailer are advertised as being able to boost the polymers. I would think that the NXT spray wax also does this. I do use UQD after a wash because I have it (came in the Walmart gift box with the NXT), I have no data as to whether it's helping or not.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:30 PM
You can use either. NXT wash has no wax additives in it, so it won't boost the coat of NXT wax. As glc pointed out, you can use UQD. UQD leaves a polymer coat behind that should be allowed to cure for 12-24 hours before touching the surface again.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:22 PM
I actually already use UQD and I love it. I put on the coat of NXT 2.0, waited overnight for it to cure, then hit the whole truck with UQD.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Suspended
I like NXT 2.0 too and find it's easier to remove than the original version. As well as not leaving so much of a saran wrap look. Now about the car wash, I would stick with the Gold Class. I believe it's one of the best, if not the best, car washes that's readily available.

Quick Reply: NXT Car Wash & NXT 2.0