Removed wax from fender flare.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removed wax from fender flare.

Well I think I actually did it. One of my flares had some wax all over it. I have tried scrubbing with soap and water. I took a tooth brush to it with back to black for about an hour. All to no avail. Washed it and the wax would still be there. I bought some sea foam deep creep today being that I am going to be changing my plugs soon and had read where people had used wd40 so i figured why not. I did a 8" section at a time with a fine tooth brush to get down into all of those little crevices. Over all I sat there probably an hour with that fine bristle tooth brush scrubbing that sea foam in. Wiped each section clean before moving on to next as I didnt want to do any possible harm to them by leaving it sit on there too long. After doing the whole flare I washed well and dried. I then took alcohol on a towel and continued to rub just to make sure it hadnt covered it up like the back to black did. Let it dry and the flare now looks new again. Im pretty sure it is gone. That wax had troubled me for two years.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Why didn't you just use a pencil eraser?

Works for me.

There's a thread here somewhere, on a bunch of techniques on how to remove wax from plastics.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Old 03-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by FX4REACTION1
Why didn't you just use a pencil eraser?

Works for me.

There's a thread here somewhere, on a bunch of techniques on how to remove wax from plastics.
I tried a pink eraser but did not work well for me. I was just happy to find something to permanently remove it because it seems most of the post people talk about it coming back after a rain or good cleaning.

Quick Reply: Removed wax from fender flare.