And I nearly cried...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can top that... I was using mom's car one day to deliver flowers (apparently they don't like vases and flowers floating around in the back of an F-250), and the only running vehicle left in the family was my F-250 (dad's truck broke, mom was using my brother's Jeep). Dad needed it to take my little brothers to their T-ball game. Fine I say, it is less than a mile down the road. Come home from delivering flowers, and dad along with my two younger brothers (6&7) are washing my truck. Using Dawn and a mop to hit the roof and hood. I damn near ran him over with the car. He couldn't understand why I was pissed. Mom knew why and bitched him out for it.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
At least they used name brand dish soap...

Old 02-13-2008, 09:27 PM
I saw a guy at the local coin-op spraying the engine degreaser on his paint and then used the foam brush. Another day I saw a guy in a C6 Vette using the foam brush on his car. I only go there to clean my well wells and to knock the dirt off before I use ONR if my truck is really dirty.

Last edited by Sleestak; 02-18-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by ManualF150
At least they used name brand dish soap...
I wish there was a smiley shaking it's head.

Originally Posted by Sleestak
I saw a guy at the local coin-op spraying the engine degreaser on his paint and then used the foam brush. Another day I saw a guy in a C6 Vette using the foam brush on his car. I only go there to clean my well wells and to know the dirt off before I use ONR if my truck is really dirty.
That's horrible !!

Old 02-14-2008, 12:37 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by Sleestak
I saw a guy at the local coin-op spraying the engine degreaser on his paint and then used the foam brush. Another day I saw a guy in a C6 Vette using the foam brush on his car. I only go there to clean my well wells and to know the dirt off before I use ONR if my truck is really dirty.
I remember a couple years ago when I took my Escape off roading... and it was loaded with dirt and mud. I got the foaming brush out and did the entire truck... mud and all. Scratched the heck out of the finish... but I could care less.

I feel bad for the people who used it next.

Somehow, some way, it didn't affect the trade in value. So I got away with it big time. I had this scratch then went from my rear door to the back from a tree branch. I guess the dealer failed to notice it. Then again, it was 8' up on a lift and they didn't know that I also wrecked a seat with oil and one of the seatbelts were broken.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:51 AM
when i was in junior high my mom used to make me wash her bright brand new red 87 toyota 2 door hatchback with palmolive dish soap. I didnt know any better and she told me to do it so I do, Any way a few years later she never understood why it started turning pink and the red was rubbing off.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:21 AM
Originally Posted by luke280
And I thought when I saw my neighbor sweeping snow off his car with a ice scraper was bad!

I've done it... I'll admit I was a stupid kid at the time with my second car. Really did not care about it like I do now.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:11 AM
wow they live every where, my neighbors only was their car when it rains. then the whole faimly gets into the act with wash cloths and bath soap.

Quick Reply: And I nearly cried...