Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which of these 3 waxes is best to use

I've got 3 waxes on hand

1) NXT liquid
2) Mcquires gold class liquid
3) Zymol cleaner wax

which is the longest lasting wax out of the 3? I'm really more concerned with protection and durability rather than shine.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by king rancher4x4
I've got 3 waxes on hand

1) NXT liquid
3) Zymol cleaner wax

which is the longest lasting wax out of the 3? I'm really more concerned with protection and durability rather than shine.
I can't answer your question outright, but others will. I can however let you know that for pure protection, I would go with Collinite 845 if you want to purchase some. I got it from

http://www.autogeekonline.net/

And also warn you to apply very thin! I used a DA to apply, but hand application is also a valid method for this LSP. Read the sticky at the top of this forum for more info.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Suspended
Nxt.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:01 PM
[QUOTE=king rancher4x4]I've got 3 waxes on hand

1) NXT liquid
3) Zymol cleaner wax

QUOTE]

NXT last the longest. Zymol is nice but does not last at all and anytime I ever used it I toped it with Mothers since it last longer.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Of the three you have on hand, I'd say Nxt is your best bet. The more I use Nxt the more I like it -- I sometimes top it off with a layer of #26, but especially on light-colored vehicles, I am starting to like the look of Nxt alone better.......

Old 01-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks guy's I'll use the NXT tomorrow

Old 01-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by jmm4879
I can't answer your question outright, but others will. I can however let you know that for pure protection, I would go with Collinite 845 if you want to purchase some. I got it from

http://www.autogeekonline.net/

And also warn you to apply very thin! I used a DA to apply, but hand application is also a valid method for this LSP. Read the sticky at the top of this forum for more info.

You've studied well grasshopper. Hell I don't have anything to add to this thread...well said Jmm4879

Trending Topics

Old 01-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Of those three... I'd go this order:

1. NXT
2. Zymol
3. Gold Class

NXT is a full synthetic product and thus, will last the longest (generally speaking). Be sure to apply all of the products in very thin and even layers. If you go with multiple coats of NXT, wait a minimum of 12+ hours for 'setup' time before you put the next coat on after the initial.

-RP-

Old 01-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by king rancher4x4
I've got 3 waxes on hand

1) NXT liquid
3) Zymol cleaner wax

I've read quite a few threads about wax and which ones work best and last the longest. I've never found a wax that lasts very long, synthetic or natural. I have used Liquid Glass for the last 10 years and haven't found anything that comes close to this product. I put it on twice a year. Once in the spring and again in the fall. The water still beads after 6 months. Bird crap doesnt hurt it at all. I believe it is available in the US. I live in Northern Ontario Canada and I can find it quite easily. Anyone I have recommended it to swears by it. It goes on the same as a liquid wax and comes off the same.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by mcrob
I've read quite a few threads about wax and which ones work best and last the longest. I've never found a wax that lasts very long, synthetic or natural. I have used Liquid Glass for the last 10 years and haven't found anything that comes close to this product. I put it on twice a year. Once in the spring and again in the fall. The water still beads after 6 months. Bird crap doesnt hurt it at all. I believe it is available in the US. I live in Northern Ontario Canada and I can find it quite easily. Anyone I have recommended it to swears by it. It goes on the same as a liquid wax and comes off the same.
I think Collinite 845 is pretty impressive for durability.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
I think Collinite 845 is pretty impressive for durability.
To be quite honest I have never heard of it until I joined this site. Is it a wax? Synthetic or natural

Old 01-06-2008, 10:49 PM
To be quite honest I have never heard of it until I joined this site. Is it a wax? Synthetic or natural
Its a Wax a pure LSP....which product are you using? Polish/Finish? If so, you should try using Collinite for yourself of course after a good polishing. http://www.collinite.com/ I feel confident that you will be switching brands.

Most waxes will bead....a good judge of the wax is the size of the bead.

Heck do you remember those commercials for "NUFINISH" after 52 washes it still beads right? Yea it does, but the beads became ponds and not really beads.

I don't think there many waxes out there they can maintain their durability after 6 months.
That's my .02 on it.

Cheers

Old 01-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's carnauba-based. It's really a solid product and has been around for years and years (originally designed for use in high voltage applications). Like RR mentioned, it's fantastic stuff. I always forget about it when it comes time for my LSP as I never have it out and in view - that's my own fault though.

Like RR, I concur that there are few - if any - products out there on the market that will roll through a full 6-months of environmental pounding. I mean, if the vehicle is sitting in a garage 4 of the 6 months (total time), maybe... but, for those of us who are using the vehicles that we speak of waxing as 'daily drivers', most won't achieve a six-month cycle... bravo if you do, though. I can't.

-RP-

Old 01-07-2008, 03:27 PM
You've studied well grasshopper. Hell I don't have anything to add to this thread...well said Jmm4879
Thanks RR. Just continuing to grasp all of the knowledge on this forum and put it to good use!

Old 01-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Its a Wax a pure LSP....which product are you using? Polish/Finish? If so, you should try using Collinite for yourself of course after a good polishing. http://www.collinite.com/ I feel confident that you will be switching brands.

Most waxes will bead....a good judge of the wax is the size of the bead.

Heck do you remember those commercials for "NUFINISH" after 52 washes it still beads right? Yea it does, but the beads became ponds and not really beads.

I don't think there many waxes out there they can maintain their durability after 6 months.
That's my .02 on it.

Cheers
The product is called Liquid Glass. Its a non abrasive polish. Not a wax. RR. I remember the Nufinish products and totally agree with you. This stuff does actually bead after 6 months. These are small beads not the ponds like Nufinish. I don't have a garage.( I wish) My vehicles are in the elements 24/7. Plus 30 degrees celcius in the summer, to salt and minus 40 degrees celcius in the winter. I have a buddy that left bird crap on his truck for over a month in the summer. I bitched at him enough that he finally cleaned it off. Not even a mark left on the paint. I will get more info off of the can tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Which of these 3 waxes is best to use