Water spots

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water spots

What can i use to get rid of the hard water spots from rain/sprinklers i have on my truck? Its dark colored so they're fairly easy to spot and are all over the truck. So far ive used meguiars gold class clear coat wax and meguiars cleaner wax and neither one took the spots away. Anyone have any ideas?

Old 01-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by munoxide
What can i use to get rid of the hard water spots from rain/sprinklers i have on my truck? Its dark colored so they're fairly easy to spot and are all over the truck. So far ive used meguiars gold class clear coat wax and meguiars cleaner wax and neither one took the spots away. Anyone have any ideas?
Hard call, sight unseen...

Some water spots will sit up on top of the paint and are more of a mineral deposit and others will etch down in to the clear...

Rather than typing it all out, refer to this article at Meguiar's Online:

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4891

It's really well written and I think it can help. Remember, you're playing with a dark-colored paint so, be concious of that. In short, it's very easy to cause problems when you're trying to solve a problem. That said, use very high quality gear (nice microfiber towels (no "el-cheapos"), good technique, and a lot of common sense.

If you're unsure about it, there are other options that a good detailer can use for you (acid washing, etc). Remember, it's not the end of the world if you utilize a detailer to get it up to par and then you maintain that 'par'.

-RP-

Quick Reply: Water spots