Egged- Need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Egged- Need some advice

Well I walked out this morning to see (2) egg shells below my truck (07 F-250 PSD). My whole street got hit, every car outside, 17 total. Pretty sad this happens everywhere, even in nice neighborhoods. Dumba$$ punks.... Anyways, Ive been through this before on my 02 F-150, so first thing I did was wash and wax it. However, I have never seen this before, but I have some chips of paint missing in the shape of an oval outlining the egg. Some are deeper than others, definately through the clear coat and into the paint. Any advice? Didnt know eggs could chip the paint.... Something wrong with my paint???

Thanks....

Old 09-10-2007, 11:25 AM
I got egged two months after I got my truck at 70 mph. The chips went right down to the metal. I had to paint the whole side of the bed.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've worked on an egged vehicle. The owner brought it to me because he was unable to get it back to 'good' and had further thrashed his rear quarter trying to get it there.

While I was able to remove a large portion of what was induced by the egg etching (using methods very similar to what I'd do to remove a bug etch - including some light wet sanding and compounding), it would *NOT* come out totally as the egg had etched deep into the paint.

I should note that one should be very familiar with wet sanding before going after any spot like this because the paint/clear has already been generally compromised and, as such, it's a little tricky to work on a spot like this. To be perfectly honest -- I was in a zone where I wasn't very comfortable - especially not having a paint thickness guage.

The long and short of it -- have a pro look at it. They may be able to get it so that you're not so disgusted when looking at it... the other option, albeit the expensive one, is a respray.

Sorry bud... best of luck to you.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by sdf150guy
Well I walked out this morning to see (2) egg shells below my truck (07 F-250 PSD). My whole street got hit, every car outside, 17 total. Pretty sad this happens everywhere, even in nice neighborhoods. Dumba$$ punks.... Anyways, Ive been through this before on my 02 F-150, so first thing I did was wash and wax it. However, I have never seen this before, but I have some chips of paint missing in the shape of an oval outlining the egg. Some are deeper than others, definately through the clear coat and into the paint. Any advice? Didnt know eggs could chip the paint.... Something wrong with my paint???

Thanks....
Follow RPs advice, then set up shop with a 12 guage, and use your imagination

Old 09-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Sorry to hear about that, makes me more thankful I got a two stall garage.

My sis recently moved to just south of where I live. She is a teacher. The students she has gotten onto have apparently resorted to buying large amounts of feminine wings with adhesive and stuck them all over her Jeep and her hubby's cadillac car. It took her and him several hours to carefully remove, a hair dryer didnt work, and pulling too fast tore the adhesive. And this was after they removed all of the saran wrap that the punks wrapped each vehicle up with after these feminine wings were stuck on.

Go pay a fox to watch their hen house! LOL!

Seriously though, I hope you get your truck back to its show room finish and that you or someone gets these punks to stop egging vehicles.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate it. Like I said, I have already washed and waxed it, I did take some scratch x to some of it which removed some, so its not looking as bad as it initially was. Its not one big chip, lots of tiny chips outlining a circle. Also, I used the pin of the touch up paint to cover up some of the white spots, which helped. I am pretty **** about my truck and boat though, so this was a damper on the day. I dont really want to have to make a claim, or pay to fix it (respray), so I'm just going to probably leave it as is. I will try to take some pics and get them up and see what you guys think. Its not too bad, but you know how we are about our trucks when we care about them. My girlfriend saw it today, and told me "If thats the worst thing that happens to this truck if you keep it for 3-5 years living in San Diego, then your lucky" which is true. All the small parking lots, crazy drivers, etc..... Plus I got it for 14k off MSRP in May so I cant complain over a few little chips too much.....

Too bad they dont make garages larger out here. I have a 3 car garage but the 250 Extended Cab Long Bed doesnt like to fit.....

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Egged- Need some advice