Black trim.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 11:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black trim.

What does Ford recommend for the black trim? I want to dress it, but not make it fade.

Old 05-19-2007, 12:24 AM
I have been hooked on 303 Aerospace Protectant since I tried it a few months ago. Leaves an awesome matte, non greasy finish. And will restore faded plastic and rubber parts.

Today I went to their website and discovered this little promotion they are having. The samples are free! All you pay is $5 for shipping. (sorry if this sounds like a Sat morning infomercial!) This is the perfect way for all others to finally see how good this stuff is.

http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=freesample

Old 05-19-2007, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by rustyzipper
I have been hooked on 303 Aerospace Protectant since I tried it a few months ago. Leaves an awesome matte, non greasy finish. And will restore faded plastic and rubber parts.

Today I went to their website and discovered this little promotion they are having. The samples are free! All you pay is $5 for shipping. (sorry if this sounds like a Sat morning infomercial!) This is the perfect way for all others to finally see how good this stuff is.

http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=freesample
Thanks. I just want to stay on top of it, the truck is a couple of months old and I do not know how often it should be applied. I always had used cars and haded the faded black and told myself if I bought new, I would not let that happen, so whoever buys it used when I trade it in, will appreciate it.

Old 05-19-2007, 02:08 AM
Well the 303 is very good, does what it claims, and I think you will be just as pleased with it as I am. I use it on everything, including the tires and interior plastics. What I especially like about 303 is the UV-SPF 40 = no fading. Reapply every couple months or as needed.

Spray it on your bed liner, it will also keep it looking brand new.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:55 PM
I've heard a lot of good stuff about the 303, but if you want something immediately, I'd recommend the Meguiar's vinyl and rubber protectant. It restored my faded black trim to factory new, seems to last a long time, and is not greasy.

Old 05-19-2007, 07:58 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There are only two products -- well, maybe three -- that I'd consider for my trim...

303 or Vinylex.... the third is Meguiar's #40 but, both 303 and Vinylex take the cake; hands down.

-RP-

Old 05-20-2007, 09:50 AM

You can get it online (Amazon, 303 website, etc) or at most RV & boating stores.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Sounds like 303 is the winner.

Thanks.

Old 05-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just found a product today that works well on the exterior trim.I found some Vinylex wipes at Aubuchon Hardware,they don't have the spray.I found that they work exceptionally well on the exterior window seals.They aren't messy at all if you're careful.They work well on mirrors also.They are good for bedrail caps BUT when you try to get between the grooves on the top it seems like you need a bit more product than the wipe can provide.A few squirts from a bottle of Vinylex or something would help.Also you can tell when the wipe is getting used up.You will start seeing small fibers from the wipe coming apart.
I'm happy with them.I was determined to find something good locally and I did.

Old 05-20-2007, 05:46 PM
Nassty - So you say they did a good job on the window seals? I have really been looking for something, anything, that works well on those areas and have found nothing. I will be keeping my eye out for Vinyley wipes and will give them a try.

Old 05-20-2007, 07:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wxscpo
Nassty - So you say they did a good job on the window seals? I have really been looking for something, anything, that works well on those areas and have found nothing. I will be keeping my eye out for Vinyley wipes and will give them a try.
Yes they worked well.My seals are in good shape because my truck is mostly garaged.But the wipes are supposed to restore too so as long as as the seals aren't really bad it should work good.After a quick wipe of the seals I had to go back and touch up some spots that seemed to be absorbing more chemicals than other areas.But it blended right in and streaks less than anything I have previously tried on the seals.Below is a description from the Vinylex pkg. and below is a couple of better pics of my seals.

Cleans, Protects and beautifies Vinyl, Rubber, Plastic
Vinlyex® Quick-Wipes Protectant is a unique formula for the care and preservation of vinyl, rubber and plastic surfaces. It is state of the art protectant that combines cleaning, protection and beautifying properties. It penetrates below the surface to restore the underlying platicizers. Dh-60 UV sunscreen filters out damaging ultraviolet rays while protecting the surface from fading and cracking.

Old 05-20-2007, 08:49 PM
Thanks and it looks great .

Old 05-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Looks pretty darn good I'll say. I could live with that. This is where Vinylex has it all over 303, with wipes.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've been using Vinylex wipes for a couple of years now...

Pep Boys has them on the shelf.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:17 PM
LRG
Agreed on the Vinylex, I love the natural finish it leaves. I'm not a fan of uberglossy trim and Vinylex leaves a nice, natural matte finish. I just love the look!

Quick Reply: Black trim.