What is the best way to start?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 08:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the best way to start?

OK start with 14" of snow mixed with tons of sand and loads of salt. The roads are clear now but my truck has a nice "paste" on it. I have already hosed about as much as I can get off but man is it still dirty. Outside of 2 buckets, are there any tips to minimize swirls when removing old man winter?:santa:

Old 12-20-2006, 10:42 AM
Some soap wouldn't hurt.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
First... you're thinking along the correct lines. That 'stuck on' gunk is crystalline salt. Hot water, in and of itself, will help to dissolve a good portion of it and will bring it off of the paint. For the remaining portion, abrasive washing is the only way.

So, that being said, I'd find a 'wand wash' that offers HOT water. Spray it down with pressure. Follow that with a half-panel by half-panel wash. If your mitt looks thrashed, toss it. Keep the two or three bucket system going (the hot water makes cold-weather washing more bearable as well).

G'luck!

RP

Old 12-20-2006, 09:31 PM
actually, using some poorboys bug squash will help get rid of the caked on salt. If you do use one of those pull in, diy, high pressure washes, try to keep the pressure washer at least 2ft away from the paint. Let me know if I can help some more

Quick Reply: What is the best way to start?